No announcement yet.

Old Wlad was brutal!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Wlad was brutal!

Man I just re watched McCline fight Wlad was sick; that guy had real killer instinct!!!! I forgot how amazing he was!!! It's clear watching that fight Wlad's short commings then were not physical but mental; he was just too gun-ho & which was why today is is much less willing to go in guns blazing. Back then he thought he was invincible and threw everything into the pot so to speak.

I think Wlad needs to find a balance. He needs to be a little more aggressive but not crazy aggressive like he was so that he gets caught.

One thing is for sure Wlad is a lot more skilled than we give him credit for; his repertoire is sickeningly vast - uppercuts, hooks, infighting, range, footwork you name it. His problem is he just uses what works and doesn't take risks nowadays so can seem bland but then who can really blame him? this is HW boxing and one punch turns the tide.

I think the Wlad detractors should dig up some of his older fights the man is stunningly skilled. In fact i think seeing that he can dominate using simple tools - and not his full skillset - shows us all how good he truly is. He isn't just 'better' than today's HW's he is light years ahead.

I am now convinced when we see Wlad in the ring we are seeing probably 70% of his true potential vs 100% of his opponents. Man if Wlad gives 100% vs Haye that diva is going home in a body bag that's all I'm saying on the subject!

Wladimir is much more then you see in the ring.

Comment

there is no point in changing his style he is the champ why change it now

Comment

Originally posted by minasyan View Post
        there is no point in changing his style he is the champ why change it now
        Exactly.

Wlad did it all with incredible speed, and a devastating left hook. People to thsi day seem to forget that that's his best punch, not the straight.

His fight with mercer is all the proof you need of the killer he was. Stewart calmed him down, made him more poise and methodical.. he's a lot more than people think he is.

Comment

The Jefferson fight is on of my favorites.

Comment

Old Wlad was one of my favorite fighters of all time. I just liked his style. When I got into boxing back home this is the Wlad I saw on TV. He was brutal KO artists didnt hold back anything........but thats no more....This is a good highlight of his

Comment

yeah he was brutal until he realised he had a dodgy chin.

Comment

Originally posted by The HayeMaker View Post
                yeah he was brutal until he realised he had a dodgy chin.
                better than being the biggest ducker in boxing history - aka your boy haye.

Comment

Wlad is a bad m*th*r*ck*r

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
                    better than being the biggest ducker in boxing history - aka your boy haye.
                    We will see in the next few days

Comment

Working...
                    X