Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real scandal of last night - was Banks v Mitchell fixed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injury or fix. No other explanation.

I'm embarrassed as an American that people try to convince the boxing world Seth Mitchell might be the best American heavyweight.

Comment

Another thing. The look of pure disgust on Sugar Hill's face went beyond a trainer being exasperated with his fighter.

Comment

I hate to use bum but Mitchell...I'm actually quite surprised such a shitty fighter build that kind of record, you would have expected him to have 5 or 6 loses.

Comment

Of course it was fixed. Banks actually had the stones to start feinting and dancing late on when Mitchell was there for the taking. crazy stuff, but that's the business side

Comment

I thought I was the only one who saw that, it's as if Banks was paid off and only looked for those early KOs to "accidently" screw up his "plan."

Banks was not trying at all after rounds 4/5.. it was a disgrace. The man trains the HW champ and acts like he doesn't know what it takes to win.

Fixed.

Comment

If it was fixed,, how come he almost stopped Mitchell twice early...
              Plus what upside does Miitchell have,, They cant think that he is a legit big money fighter down the road.... Why fix a fight for him.... He has no future...

I honestly think Banks hurt his hands,,, But it was a horrible effort past the 5th round..

Comment

It looked like it but I doubt because after that kind of performance how do you resell it? Theres no interest and neither guy is a headliner so your back to a semi-bout!
                I think something went on with Banks and he decided to land on his feet to collect the money and go home safe!
                I don't like to think he had a pay off to further Seth because if Seths people are really knowledgable they know theres only so far this guy could go!'Things will open as soon as the Klitz are gone because the money will be running wild but this guy can't win a major title. He started way to late and I'm not sure he has what it takes deep inside. He did servive and he was trying last night but he's very very raw! Ray.

Comment

Fix fix fix fix!!

Comment

No doubt in my mind it was fixed, I even had to refrain from making a thread as I was mad over it.

I felt Banks could of literally knocked Mitchell out whenever he damn well pleased. After the 2nd or 3rd I forget now he averaged literally 8 jabs per round all from at the chest, he showed zero urgency and I can't really even recall him throwing a powershot past the third.

Banks face after said it all really and Mitchells celebration was ridiculously O.T.T
                    fu.cking hell you would of thought the guy had just iced Wlad or something lol

Its the fans who paid to go see that I feel sorry for. Banks can fu.ck off with his request for a trilogy. Nobody wants to see that again and the guy got 200k for that. Stick to training.

Comment

Just a theory but he got 200k last night, surely he knew hes blown the trilogy.
                      I feel he was likely gave a nice bonus to throw that fight.

I mean it makes sense, Wladimir pays him well I am sure and now Wlad can use Mitchell as a stay busy fight and sell it saying he wants to avenge his trainers loss etc
                      Easy win for Wlad, it sells, it pads his record further.

That way everyone makes a nice sum.

Might sound ******ed but it wouldn't surprise me and lets be fair, something was awfully wrong last night.

Comment

Working...
                      X