Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinidad Vs Bernard Could = Cotto vs Pacquiao (Explanation Inside)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Nobody with boxing knowledge said Hopkisn had no chance, he wa sonly the undedogg. Hopkinsunified the division one fight prior against a dangerous champion much like Clottey by destroying Kieth Holmes. Hopkins looked spectacular in all his fights back then.
    Bull **** on both cpunts, Holmes wasnt as dangerous as Clottey and Hopkins didnt destroyed ****!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
      Tito came up from 154.

I see the similarities though.

Manny is on a roll and has already a win at the weight just like Tito.

Cotto is getting disrespected and people think he doesnt have a chance like Hopkins was.

Good observation!!!!
      Nah I know that, but when he hit 160 is when the hoopla really took off as to making Trinidad THE name in the sport. Was still undefeated from 147 to 154. But a lot of people ignored the fact that Bernard was a prime, legit Middleweight. That's mainly where the comparison of both fights are going. Like I said, in no way stylistically do I see the fight playing out the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Lets not get crazy here, the only thing he destroyed was my attention span during that fight
        That fight was probably the reason he was the underdog, in hindsight kind of laughable but ppl didn't know about B-hop back then and all you saw was him eek out a lackluster win against Holmes and then Tito vaporize Joppy. That is what the odds were attributed to.
        Eek out? it was 118-110.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          Bull **** on both cpunts, Holmes wasnt as dangerous as Clottey and Hopkins didnt destroyed ****!!!!
          You're right. Kieth Holmes was better than Clottey, more skilled, and was a solid champ. That fight was a one sided ass kicking 118-110.

Comment

Come on Man, Cotto fight absolutely nothing like Hopkins.
            You're missing the point man...

I mentioned right when i started the thread that I don't see the fight stylistically playing out the same. Where I see the similarities is how many are looking at Pacquiao to beat Cotto (like many did with Tito over Bernard) and on to fight Mayweather before the fight even takes place. I expect it to be a much cloer fight, but with Cotto being overall too much for Pac to handle down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              Nah I know that, but when he hit 160 is when the hoopla really took off as to making Trinidad THE name in the sport. Was still undefeated from 147 to 154. But a lot of people ignored the fact that Bernard was a prime, legit Middleweight. That's mainly where the comparison of both fights are going. Like I said, in no way stylistically do I see the fight playing out the same.
              Thats the part that School yard Bully dont understanmd from you. he got his panties all wet because you mentioned B-Hop and is trying to defend something nobody is talking about , lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
                You kidding right?? I thought it was like 3-1 or 4-1 underdog?
                Can't remember well but I think it was 8-1 underdog Hopkins vs Trinidad if I remember correctly. People forget how hot Trinidad was at the time. People think he was unstoppable at that momment. But people learn the hard way that you just can't keep climbing all this weight classes without paying the price.

Comment

You're right. Kieth Holmes was better than Clottey, more skilled, and was a solid champ. That fight was a one sided ass kicking 118-110.
                  Sure it was!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Eek out? it was 118-110.
                    By doing just enough to win several rounds, it was 1 punch grab 1 punch grab the whole fight.....he is very technical and great at what he does in addition beating good opponents but is extremely boring.....I just can't see how you and some of the other posters are such big fans of the guy.

Comment

I remember also there were talks of Trinidad facing Roy Jones after his fight with Hopkins.

Comment

Working...
                      X