Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford vs Postal is going to bomb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna get the fight, HD, and I'm gonna be out of town.

Comment

• I was going to order this, especially since they said it would be a "discounted" price. Then I saw that it was $60 in Canada. I just laughed.

Some of you enjoy asserting that anyone who isn't shelling out money for this is "Just a kid I'm a grown man I pay my bills I ain't sweatin no $60 dollars."

Many of us are financially prosperous adults. My fiancee is 1/2 Mexican so I'm used to her (seemingly endless) supply of cousins coming to our house for every Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, and Alvarez fight without chipping in for the $70 pricetag.

It's not thinking this is a bad fight. It's not lacking the money. It's about not willing to spend $60+ on fights that should be on HBO (while I'm paying $20/month for absolutely no fights on that channel).

There has to be a breaking point. And mine came when you asked me for a "discount" $60 for a main event you admitted was HBO-worthy and a barebones undercard I couldn't pay my friends and family to watch.
      Last edited by JJRalkman; 07-18-2016, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJRalkman View Post
        I was going to order this, especially since they said it would be a "discounted" price. Then I saw that it was $60 in Canada. I just laughed.

Some of you enjoy asserting that anyone who isn't shelling out money for this is "Just a kid I'm a grown man I pay my bills I ain't sweatin no $60 dollars."

Many of us are financially prosperous adults. My fiancee is 1/2 Mexican so I'm used to her (seemingly endless) supply of cousins coming to our house for every Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, and Alvarez fight without chipping in for the $70 pricetag.

It's not thinking this is a bad fight. It's not lacking the money. It's about not willing to spend $60+ on fights that should be on HBO (while I'm paying $20/month for absolutely no fights on that channel).

There has to be a breaking point. And mine came when you asked me for a "discount" $60 for a main event you admitted was HBO-worthy and a barebones undercard I couldn't pay my friends and family to watch.
        Agree 100%. the only reason I have HBO is boxing then a half way decent fight comes and their hands are out again wanting me to shell out more.

Comment

• there is no buzz for this fight. It's gonna do GGG PPV numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
            If anything, HBO probably wants this fight to bomb so that Arum doesn't have to shove such fights down HBO's throat.

HBO wanted Matthysse to win in the Postol fight. Didn't happen.
            Shove two top 140 champs vs each other down their throats?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              GGG has taken over your brain dude....you need help lol
              And that answer depends on who you ask...idk what represents a bomb, I'm guessing this fight goes below those numbers though unfortunately..
              It's only a bomb if the promoter doesn't nake any money.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                there is no buzz for this fight. It's gonna do GGG PPV numbers
                Or worse yet...andre ward ppv numbers, oh wait...

Comment

• Boxing is in the toilet and has been for sometime, the Floyd/Pac popularity just papered over the cracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    Shove two top 140 champs vs each other down their throats?
                    Yep. Can't remember a thread where Arum was balking at HBO for ignoring him and almost jumped ship to Showtime. I don't remember the fight he was trying to sell that HBO wouldn't buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
                      Fight won't happen if it's not PPV. That's the only way they were able to convince Crawford to take this fight.

Matthysse vs Postol purses: Postol $90K, Matthysse $500K

Lundy vs Crawford purses: Lundy $150K, Crawford $1.21 mil

Guess who wanted huge money on this fight.
                      There you go.

People need to stop asking why this fight is on PPV. HBO is not budging on rewarding fighters the money they think they don't deserve. If you want the extra money, then we go to the PPV route. Otherwise, **** off.

Comment

Working...
                      X