No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach Remember When Mike Tyson Knocked Him Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach Remember When Mike Tyson Knocked Him Out

Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach has revealed former undisputed heavyweight world champion Iron' Mike Tyson clocked him so hard during one training session, he was left seeing stars.

[Click Here To Read More]

That must explain Roach's constant knockout predictions that never come true.

Comment

If this story is true, how is he still alive?

Comment

That explains a lot! I had to take that one!!!

Comment

I once got KOd by an old heavyweight named Jorge Luis Gonzalez. Body shot. I was a 147 pound amateur. He was like 6'7 cuban guy. Heavyweight shots even by accident are like a car crash. He used to ise lower weight faster fighters in sparring and he would only throw check shots and pull them nutnone time i hurt him and gave me a real one. Right in the pit of the stomach. I saw white like my body physically shut down. I tried to play it off but it was no use. Worse pain I can remember ever feeling except when Juan Lazcano broke the root of my bottom molar and 4 days later i woke up with a golfball lump n so much pain that ghe hospital did dental work onnme which is illegal

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
            I once got KOd by an old heavyweight named Jorge Luis Gonzalez. Body shot. I was a 147 pound amateur. He was like 6'7 cuban guy. Heavyweight shots even by accident are like a car crash. He used to ise lower weight faster fighters in sparring and he would only throw check shots and pull them nutnone time i hurt him and gave me a real one. Right in the pit of the stomach. I saw white like my body physically shut down. I tried to play it off but it was no use. Worse pain I can remember ever feeling except when Juan Lazcano broke the root of my bottom molar and 4 days later i woke up with a golfball lump n so much pain that ghe hospital did dental work onnme which is illegal
            I remember that guy. He was the next big thing for a New York minute. I remember him threatening to put Riddick Bowe into a pine box, LOL.

Ummm, what the **** were you doing sparring with him?

Comment

Freddy Roach is one tough dude who earned his way in boxing

Credit to Freddy Roach for earning his reputation in boxing and as a
              top trainer the hard way. Freddy is a legend with a good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                jorge luis gonzalez was a big boy. That shot must of hurt. I know i have his fights with Bowe & joe mesi...

Comment

Originally posted by b d w View Post
                  I remember that guy. He was the next big thing for a New York minute. I remember him threatening to put Riddick Bowe into a pine box, LOL.

Ummm, what the **** were you doing sparring with him?
                  It wasnt really sparring they call it "moving" when one person is way outmatched my size skill or both ha. He would just jab unless you got "cute" yes he did fight Bowe! This was waaaayyy after that. Seriously though Gonzalez was one of the nicest dudes I ever met. Nothing like they made him out to be

Comment

I have watched Roach do mitts with Tyson and Pacquiao, they used to have old video on Maxboxing with Roach and Tyson doing mitts in Arizona, and Roach would tell Tyson to hit his face similar to how he tells PAc. Roach has the similar style of training, he wanted Tyson to use angles and hit and get to the side and hit or duck under and come up to the top with a hook, in one of the videos Tyson looked like he hit Roach a bit too hard and Tyson was like sorry sorry, but Roach took it well, I was like dang this dude got a chin on him that was a pretty good punch that hit him on the chin.

Pac hit Roach a couple times pretty hard by accident on the chin with a hook during mitts and Roach just smiled.

Roach has a pretty darn good set of whiskers. Floyd Mayeather Sr also has a good chin, that Zelenoff kept hitting him full blast with a sucker punch blind side and Floyd sr never wobbled.

Roger has the glass chin in the family.

Comment

Working...
                    X