Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would beating GGG now be mayweather biggest victory and best work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It won't be. People would say Floyd waitted for GGG to get old.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
      If Floyd beat GGG by as much as he beat Canelo, then yes it would be his most impressive win in my book. Floyd has had a great career -- but most of his wins have been against smallish or older (as in "past it") fighters. Floyd hates to be outsized by an opponent and I think he has cleverly avoided a couple of the rangier cats with power and high activity.

Not that they should fight. They're really two very different sizes and weight classes.
      Floyd's been the smaller guy most of his career.

Comment

Nope. GGG will just be another guy who never actually beat anyone worth a damn.

Comment

Yup. Would be the first in his prime super dangerous fighter he's fought.

He waited Pac out till Pac was a shell of himself. That doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
            No because everyone know lower case g has no quality wins and is known for taking step aside money and not fighting anyone despite being 33 ****ing years old. The excuse would be that lower case g was a nobody custom built for Floyd to beat. If they really wanted that fight they would have taken atleast one fight to make it seem reasonable and its not.

Fight ward or **** off!!!!!
            Do you hate GGG so much that you have to call him a stupid name like lower case g? News flash for you, dummy. Ward fights a bum every 18 months. He has no intention of fighting GGG and he never did. What was the exact offer Ward made to GGG to fight? That's right, you don't know because Ward never made him an offer to fight in writing. He just talked about fighting GGG while he nursed his many injuries. Ward has moved to 175 permanently and says he will never return to 168. If you expect GGG to spot Ward 15 pounds and fight him at 175 then you can fuc off. He took step aside money from Cotto because Cotto was never going to fight him, no way no how. Are you so incredibly stupid you didn't know that? Lemieux was a world champion. How is that not a quality win? How many years has it been since Ward fought a champion? Murray and Macklin were top 10 world rated middleweights when GGG fought them and they were quality wins and damn sure better than any wins Ward has had in many years.

Comment

First off, your casual fan doesn't know who Golovkin is. Therefore there wouldn't be enough money involved for Mayweather to think about taking the fight.

We can sit here and talk about records all day, and maybe that points to the longevity and skill level of the fighters Mayweather has beaten on his resume. However what we're talking about here is a whole different animal in Golovkin, in terms of size and power. No one in the middleweight division has wanted to fight Golovkin for a couple years now, including two of Floyd's better opponents (Cotto, Canelo). The guy has been avoided within his weight class, and if Floyd took the fight and won, no doubt it would be his biggest win.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Dogs! View Post
                Nope. IMO Corrales is still his best win. Corrales was considered the better P4P fighter when they fought, he was more powerful, taller, rangier, and was in his prime.
                Interesting comparison, another power puncher that went p4p (#3?) with a weak resume. Still past prime Floyd beating a much bigger puncher hypejob is better than Corrales

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Also to add to my post, if Golovkin who weighs 170lbs loses to Floyd who weighs 150lbs and has a big disadvantage in power also, and almost 4 inches in height, and is 40 years old...i'm not sure that would say much about how great Floyd is, I would instead see it as how terrrible a fighter Golovkin is. It would be pretty much be open season on GGG if he loses to Mayweather in this fantasy fight. You'd have guys like Ward, Lara, Froch, Dirrell, Andrade, the Charlo twins all coming out.
                  Great post! this is what I've been saying all along. People would turn around and discredit GGG instead of give credit Floyd and they would have a decent argument. Golovkin hasn't faced anyone of note. Lemiuex is the best guy on his resue and like you said Lemiuex is no world beater. If GGG were to lose to Floyd it would be open season on him not just from other boxers but also the media and the critics.

Comment

No because people will say GGG was affected by the weight, or look at his resume and say he never beat anyone good.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      smallish?? Floyd is the one outweighed in the ring 9 times out of 10..
                      Lol I read that like, really? What the **** did I just read.

Comment

Working...
                      X