Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bare fist punching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if your hitting a bag, your wrapping your hands or your asking for trouble. i've heard of muay thai fighters doing it, but it really doesn't even help. (they wrap their hands for fights any way) Your fists don't need to be that rough to hurt your opponent in a fist fight anyway. i agree that boxing is the best training for street fights. and if you do get in a fight, fight like a man, don't kick him and knee him. just slug his brains out.

Comment

actually monks can hit harder than boxers, but it isnt a punch

im not sure which monks do it but they 'train' their pointing fingers to become strong as ****

ive seen like groups of them tapping this wooden thing it was basically a little wooden crater over and over with the same finger, over teh course of like 10-25 years to perfect it. they tap your forehead once and you got a serious problem.

puts a new meaning to the word 'Touch of Sleep', davarryl would be interested in this post probably

Comment

I'll take a strong fist over a strong finger any day.

Comment

I agree with everyone regarding protecting your hands. But as for kickboxing, they have shins that are hard as hell. The difference is that the shin is one long large bone (insert joke here) The hand is way more complicated and has lots of smaller bones and is much more susceptible to damage. If you have to fight in the street, go for the body, it's a lot softer and normal people ususally can't take good body shots. Not like all us tough as hell boxers!

Comment

Originally posted by boxernyc
            I agree with everyone regarding protecting your hands. But as for kickboxing, they have shins that are hard as hell. The difference is that the shin is one long large bone (insert joke here) The hand is way more complicated and has lots of smaller bones and is much more susceptible to damage. If you have to fight in the street, go for the body, it's a lot softer and normal people ususally can't take good body shots. Not like all us tough as hell boxers!
            So true, i knocked a trained boxer to the ribbs on wednesday and a can only imagine what that one left uppercut would do to some drunk untrained fool.

Comment

Do you think it is better to train with actual boxing gloves when punchin the heavy bag or to use speed gloves, the ones with the metal pole inside them

Comment

There's no way your knuckles will ever toughen hard enough to handle the stress of punching a bag. Always use handwraps and gloves.

Echo

Comment

Originally posted by IwatchBoxing
                  I'm not training, for a boxing match, I just want to be better in a real fist fight. I heard Chinese Monks, hit the ground 1,000 times a day (something like that), to form their fist "Steel like", thats why I'm asking.
                  your nto going to do much in a street fight with sore messed up hands

they are going to be more fragile than hard

heavybag is leather its going to eat your hand up

id otn even think you should hit it with wraps alone

wraps and gloves

i cut my finger hitting the bag with jsut wraps on
                  and it messed me up for liek 2 weeks while training

also dont train to fight in the streets work on not fighting in the streets

hard hands dont mean **** if you cant hit someone
                  go train and get somethign out of it

not court cases and heat in the streets

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5
                    also dont train to fight in the streets work on not fighting in the streets
                    Boxer2k5, thats what its about. Just because you learn how to fight doesnt mean that you need to fight in the street. There is no honor in fighting in the street. There is more honor in just knowing what could be done to somebody and then just walking away with a smile.........Rockin'

Comment

if u want to get stranger wrists/hands, do hand excersises.

Wrist curls, finger push ups, fist push ups, towel pull ups- all the like are great excersises to strengthen ur hand/ wrist

hitting a heavy bag without wraps will cause u to break ur wrist and/or bones in ur hand. u can however hit a speed bag without any wraps

Comment

Working...
                      X