Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do class rankings work ? (non biased thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illmatickid View Post
    here's my thing i dont think you can put fighters like Manny and floyd

as the greatest in one particular weight class being that both fighters have been fighting at multiple weight classes, an argument could be made for ranking them in which weight they dominated longest but it wouldnt do the fighter justice, so whenever they do those greatest welters, lightweights, middleweights, etc of all time they should add a "greatest multiple weight champions of all time" category

lotta dudes would be on there, hearns, whitaker, de la hoya (okay maybe not), Roy Jones, Armstrong, obviously manny and floyd as well
    Floyd will have a case if he beats Mosley and Pac though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolling Stone View Post
      please, just.....never mind
      Really????????? That is your contribution to the thread?

Comment

as the greatest in one particular weight class being that both fighters have been fighting at multiple weight classes, an argument could be made for ranking them in which weight they dominated longest but it wouldnt do the fighter justice, so whenever they do those greatest welters, lightweights, middleweights, etc of all time they should add a "greatest multiple weight champions of all time" category

lotta dudes would be on there, hearns, whitaker, de la hoya (okay maybe not), Roy Jones, Armstrong, obviously manny and floyd as well
        It shows something to establish yourself as one of the all-time greats in one division, and then in addition wins titles all over the place in different divisions.

Whitaker: all-timer at 135, more titles at 140-154 (lineal at 147)
        Leonard: all-timer at 147, more titles at 154-175 (lineal/recognized champ at 154-160)
        Duran: all-timer at 135, more titles from 147-160 (lineal at 147)

While 130 doesn't quite have the history of 135 and 147, among junior divisions it has good history. Mayweather's an all-timer at 130 and won titles from 135-154 as well, being the lineal/recognized champ at 135 and 147. Arguello's an all-timer at 130, while being lineal/recognized at 126 and 135.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          You don't consider Floyd an ATG at 130? I agree about the rest of the weight-class. But, I thought Floyd has a tremendous body of work at 130... I only have Alexis Arguello ahead of Floyd at 130.
          You have Floyd ahead of Gabriel Elorde at 130?????? I bet a good amount of expert have Elorde above Arguello at 130. Dude was Champ and undefeated at 130 for 7 yrs.

Comment

Right !!!

I was thinking it would be f'd up if those guys were left out of the discuss completely due to stepping up.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
              It shows something to establish yourself as one of the all-time greats in one division, and then in addition wins titles all over the place in different divisions.

Whitaker: all-timer at 135, more titles at 140-154 (lineal at 147)
              Leonard: all-timer at 147, more titles at 154-175 (lineal/recognized champ at 154-160)
              Duran: all-timer at 135, more titles from 147-160 (lineal at 147)

While 130 doesn't quite have the history of 135 and 147, among junior divisions it has good history. Mayweather's an all-timer at 130 and won titles from 135-154 as well, being the lineal/recognized champ at 135 and 147. Arguello's an all-timer at 130, while being lineal/recognized at 126 and 135.
              Crazy **** !!!

Good break down

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                You have Floyd ahead of Gabriel Elorde at 130?????? I bet a good amount of expert have Elorde above Arguello at 130. Dude was Champ and undefeated at 130 for 7 yrs.
                Flash was the man. I have him at #3. But, I think those 3 could be switched around IMO. Flash being #1 is not out of the question. But, IMO pesonally I have Arguello, Floyd, and then Elorde...

Comment

Working...
                X