Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size glove for training? 10oz, 14oz, or 16?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honestly i'd reccomend picking up a pair out of the "pro-style" training glove category from grant, everlast or somebody reputable in 16 oz

however your best bet is to just go with your coach unless you're looking for extra protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
      Pros fight with 8 and 10 oz gloves. For bag and mitt work they usually wear 8, 10 and 12 oz gloves. These gloves allow the fighter to set their punches better and forces them to throw punches correctly. Heavier gloves are too bulky to work on the mitts. When working on speed, you usually use lighter gloves. At 154 pounds, you can spar with 12 and 14 oz gloves.

My old gym wouldn't let anyone spar under 16 ounces. My new gym will only let you spar down to 14 ounces if you are 130 lbs and under give or take a couple of pounds.

Comment

I'm 121 Lbs and almost 5'7

I use 16 Oz for everything.. Even the double end.. I used 22oz gloves before too. Used for less contact sparring for people who are new and stuff.

Just use 16oz... You will see why in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
          I'm 121 Lbs and almost 5'7

I use 16 Oz for everything.. Even the double end.. I used 22oz gloves before too. Used for less contact sparring for people who are new and stuff.

Just use 16oz... You will see why in the long run.
          Those things are straight pillows man, I've seen a HW made to use 20oz in an exhibition and they looked ridiculously big, 22oz on a 120lbs guy would be absurd.

Comment

Here's a couple guys sparring with 22 ozers :

Comment

Originally posted by Hank$Moody View Post
              Here's a couple guys sparring with 22 ozers :

lol

Comment

I use 16oz as well for everything .
                http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...ning-glove.php

Comment

mr. p4p #1 disagrees with all of you:

those are 8-10oz gloves he's using for the mitts, double end and heavy bags

Comment

I use 10 oz for bag, mitts etc... and 16 oz for sparring.

Comment

I only weigh around 52kg which i think is something around 115 pounds, and i use 16 oz for sparing and 12 oz for everything else. I think 16 oz should be the norm with sparing.

Comment

Working...
                      X