No announcement yet.

Dmitry pirog's success

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dmitry pirog's success

I for one am a fan. He has skills, can box outside, fight in the pocket, high ring iq when he wants to, and love that he can be orthodox and unorthodox in his way of fighting at the same time, and no I don't mean righty and southpaw even though he switches up and it works.My question is, is his success due to his non european way of fighting amidst fighters who have that straight up european style. I believe his style had benefitted him more than anything, giving him rhythm and looseness compared to most euro corner parts. Anyone agree?

PIROG is the ****ing truth!!! if he keeps it up dude is an HOF for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
      PIROG is the ****ing truth!!! if he keeps it up dude is an HOF for sure!
      Keeps what up? he has 1 notable win against another prospect like himself and 18 Russian turnip farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Keeps what up? he has 1 notable win against another prospect like himself and 18 Russian turnip farmers.
        This is the difference in regards to what I'M looking for and what your looking for. If dude is such a cake walk tell that to Danny boys promoter and get him in the ring with Sergio. you know why cause that mother is gunna get licked like danny boi! TRUTH! Tell me when all roads lead to PIROG that he's not the truth! as long as he stays focused he'll rule his dev fa sho!

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
          This is the difference in regards to what I'M looking for and what your looking for. If dude is such a cake walk tell that to Danny boys promoter and get him in the ring with Sergio. you know why cause that mother is gunna get licked like danny boi! TRUTH! Tell me when all roads lead to PIROG that he's not the truth! as long as he stays focused he'll rule his dev fa sho!
          He hasn't done enough to deserve a title shot yet, really Andy Lee should get 1st crack if anyone should.

Comment

I believe is unique style is created due to a variety of training. Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe Pirog first learned boxing in Eastern European boxing gyms, and then relocated to American gyms and developed a new style based on their training.

both are effective styles, and he has learned to balance and switch between them during fights, which makes his style unpredictable and gives him the beneifts of both styles.

Unfortunately, I think he also still has the negative aspects of both styles, which showed up in one of his more recent fights where he struggled a bit more than his opposition suggested he would.

But, he certainly is interesting to watch.

Comment

He hasn't done enough to deserve a title shot yet, really Andy Lee should get 1st crack if anyone should.
              lee fight's slow and awkward he was one of my faves coming in but... he doesn't have the fire power or the coordination to do damage. I can see it going the distance after Pirog begins to frustrate him with movement but i think Lee's left will be corked all night trying to avoid the right which Pirog has a great right! Either BY UD or TKO PIROG takes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                I believe is unique style is created due to a variety of training. Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe Pirog first learned boxing in Eastern European boxing gyms, and then relocated to American gyms and developed a new style based on their training.

both are effective styles, and he has learned to balance and switch between them during fights, which makes his style unpredictable and gives him the beneifts of both styles.

Unfortunately, I think he also still has the negative aspects of both styles, which showed up in one of his more recent fights where he struggled a bit more than his opposition suggested he would.

But, he certainly is interesting to watch.
                So most of his success is attributed to this mesh of styles correct? That's what I believe as well. Didn't know that he came and trained in the states as well. I'll look it up online but do you know where he went to train?

Comment

Pirog has more skills than anyone Martinez has faced so far. why not get that fight on?

Comment

LMFAO! @ turnip farmers. is that the russian equivalents of bus-drivers and parole officers that roy jones dominated for a decade?

Comment

Working...
                    X