No announcement yet.

Are steroids in boxing over-rated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are steroids in boxing over-rated?

This is not a pacquiao mayweather thread, please repeat ur repetitive arguments somewhere else. I just want to know ur opinion on steroids and their place in boxing. There are two major points ive been thinking about.

1) I think its clear roids dont have the same benefits across every sport. In baseball its plainly obvious they do a great deal of help. But u never even hear about them in basketball, where increased muscle mass can be a hindrance. I pretty much assume the majority of football players roided up so im not going to mention it. What effect do u think roids have on boxers? How much do u think they benefit?

The reason i ask is really zab judah. The guy works with vic conte (the roid super hero), comes out ripped as fuk, and cant even make it six rounds??? Then u have the vargez example, plenty of talent, plenty of roids, lack luster results. Im completely convinced roids have a noticeable impact on a boxers performance, so dont misunderstand me. All im asking is how much of a benefit do u think is there? I think its plainly obvious they dont turn u into superman. U dont just start walking through punches. They cant take a looser and turn them into a winner.

I think roids are a BIG problem in boxing and the testing methods need immediate improvement. But i also think we as boxing fans are getting carried away with the impression that roids alone can turn u into some sort of unstoppable terminator. U thoughts?

Nope they are there...................as in all major sports

Comment

depends on the fighter and his style and what he's trying to get out of it. But I feel like some people underestimate the signifance steroids can have on one's performance

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        I agree, im just asking how much of a benefit do u think they give to a boxer. Only an idiot would say they arent a problem and dont benefit anyone. If they didnt help no one would use them. Im asking how much do they help?

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
          depends on the fighter and his style and what he's trying to get out of it. But I feel like some people underestimate the signifance steroids can have on one's performance
          What style do u think benefits the most? I think most people would say brawler because they depend on strength, but i m not sure they help wit punch resistance like it seems everyone else does. I think epo and stamina boosters are actually more beneficial to a boxer then roids that help build muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDaWg View Post
            What style do u think benefits the most? I think most people would say brawler because they depend on strength, but i m not sure they help wit punch resistance like it seems everyone else does. I think epo and stamina boosters are actually more beneficial to a boxer then roids that help build muscle.

If you know about roids and peds you know they help..... If you use them right

Comment

Also Basketball is like a farm for Peds and 'Roid users...... You can take roids to get smaller and stay at a certain weight...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDaWg View Post
                I agree, im just asking how much of a benefit do u think they give to a boxer. Only an idiot would say they arent a problem and dont benefit anyone. If they didnt help no one would use them. Im asking how much do they help?
                depends what for an injury not so much,for other reasons a whole lot,i myself thinks they should be legal,we are all going to die,if it did happen i would cut fights to 10 rds though

Comment

Originally posted by King Ghidorah View Post
                  If you know about roids and peds you know they help..... If you use them right
                  Agreed, im just wondering if we as boxing fans are turning somthing that has been around for decades into some sort of magical super pill. There is NO question they help, im just wondering how much they help.

Comment

depends what for an injury not so much,for other reasons a whole lot,i myself thinks they should be legal,we are all going to die,if it did happen i would cut fights to 10 rds though
                    Thats very interesting. I actually agree to a certain extent. U cant stop science, in twenty years they will have vitamins that do what roids do today. I just dont see how u can stop it.

Comment

Working...
                    X