Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    This part bothers me:
    Â*Â*

Why is the sole blame on Rigo? Rigo threw nearly 900 punches. When have we seen Rigo throw that many punches? He threw 600 vs Marroquin and 400 vs Donaire. Agbeko has never been stopped and he was just in there surviving. Maybe I'm just being bias cause I'm fan.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    I think the main difference is that while writers will acknowledge that both Rigo and Agbeko are to blame, Agbeko gets a sentence amount of blame while Rigo gets whole paragraphs.

Comment

I'm plenty happy with what I got out of my HBO subscription this year...their premium cable fights weren't bad at all.

Comment

Democrats v Republicans
        Cats v Dogs
        Floyd v Manny
        Showtime v HBO
        Technicians v KOs
        Gay v Gay
        Stupid v Stupid

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          My bad man, I'm just a little annoyed. I wasn't saying it's just you blaming Rigo but a lot of people are.

It's cool, your feedback was fine. I didn't catch any feelings over it. I get what you're saying, a lot of the media takes the easy way out. His performance versus Donaire was blown way out of proportion by those in the media who chose to serve as Arum's/HBO's mouthpiece.

It's understandable for the promoter and network to be disappointed by its centerpiece and the reigning Fighter of the Year losing and the manner in which he did. It's another thing for writers to actually take offense to the result, and distort the winner's performance to satisfy their own agenda.

Comment

I canceled HBO literally because they lost Goldenboy. Boxing is tthe only reason to have that channel and the only promoter that puts on worthy matches and great cards is goldenboy. Never liked Showtimes delivery but now ive grown used to it. HBO is now a thing of the past. Netflix and Showtime are the future

Comment

HBO is going to have to recycle some of these match up, cause they are running out of talent.

Cotto, Martinez, Marquez are all on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                They should just make a giant HBO vs SHOWTIME/Top Rank vs Golden Boy PPV card already.

The top fighters of each network/promoter fighting each other, split promotion on PPV. Kinda like how they used to do Smackdown vs RAW on WWF. Those were badass.
                It would be damn dangerous to do such an event. I wouldn't doubt some crazy **** lights go out all of the sudden, gunfire breaks out, tagalog chants, money team shouts.. blood everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                  I canceled HBO literally because they lost Goldenboy. Boxing is tthe only reason to have that channel and the only promoter that puts on worthy matches and great cards is goldenboy. Never liked Showtimes delivery but now ive grown used to it. HBO is now a thing of the past. Netflix and Showtime are the future
                  Hope you like Paulie, Judah and Soto Karass, the Kings of Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                    I think the main difference is that while writers will acknowledge that both Rigo and Agbeko are to blame, Agbeko gets a sentence amount of blame while Rigo gets whole paragraphs.
                    Originally posted by JakeNDaBox
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

My bad man, I'm just a little annoyed. I wasn't saying it's just you blaming Rigo but a lot of people are.

It's cool, your feedback was fine. I didn't catch any feelings over it. I get what you're saying, a lot of the media takes the easy way out. His performance versus Donaire was blown way out of proportion by those in the media who chose to serve as Arum's/HBO's mouthpiece.

It's understandable for the promoter and network to be disappointed by its centerpiece and the reigning Fighter of the Year losing and the manner in which he did. It's another thing for writers to actually take offense to the result, and distort the winner's performance to satisfy their own agenda.
                    Y'all mean someone like Fat Dan? Yea...

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      Just read the article, it appears HBO's PPV numbers have taken a hit. However, some of that has to do with Pacquiao fighting overseas, he'll be back in the US in 2014. Cotto maybe back too. Also, they're creating new stars in Golovkin and Kovalev, they could eventually be PPV attractions. Lomachenko on the come-up too. Fans love knockouts after all.
                      I agree, HBO has great potential in further developing its stable of fighters. Besides those you mentioned, Stevenson, Ward, Provodnikov, Mikey Garcia, and even Bradley can offer fans some very interesting fights next year and beyond. If Chavez JR gets serious he can even be dangerous. While HBO has lost Mayweather, let's not forget that the network had him during his most productive years. Showtime is clearly getting him @ the tail end of his career. He's cherry picking his fights too. We have yet to see him fight someone he may actually lose to. Danny Garcia has potential to become a big star, while glass-jawed Amir Kahn has much less of a chance. Bernard Hopkins? Please. He's an old man with skills who just hasn't fought a true young lion yet. Alvarez is overrated and not yet proven as a true star. Bottom line, HBO has at least as much if not a better shot of making great fights as Showtime in the forseeable future.

Comment

Working...
                      X