Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko To The Critics: Chisora Was The Best Available

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh stfu vitali retire already you bum. No one wants to see you anymore. The division is dead and you sukk azz.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      So you saying he's an ATG and Lennox's best win?
      Naw, I'm just saying that Lewis was old and still beat Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        I think you're trying to be fair and unbias but i do see a couple flaws in what you're saying.

Regarding you're claims that they haven't beat any other ATG HW's that's accurate yet take a look at the HW's you list Liston, Holmes, Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis.

Dempsey - Sharkey, Willard
        Louis - Sharkey, Walcott, Baer, Schmeling
        Marciano - Old Louis, "Moore, "Walcott, Charles
        Patterson - Ingo
        Liston - Patterson
        Holmes - old Norton, Berbick, Mercer (ZombAli don't count)
        Tyson - Berbick, old Holmes,
        Bowe - Holyfield
        Lewis - Old Holy, Old Tyson

Aside from the 70's trio what other ATG beat another prime ATG? Bowe and Holyfield with eachother and then probably Louis with some lower tier ATG's. I agree with your criticism of Marciano but most the other ATG HW's are either missing a fellow ATG (certainly top ones) or beat a old one. Dempsey, Patterson, Liston, Tyson are missing a top tier ATG and Marciano, Holmes, Lewis have old ones.

For Volodymyr you don't list Chagaev or Ibragimov and for Vitali no JCG, Hide, Donald, or Adamek. It seems like we're just going to disagree on this but again i'll say that there is little disparity between the quality of top fighters in most eras. You're naming guys like Shavers and Moorer as if they're ATG's or any more quality than what this era has, they aren't. Guys like Chagaev, Ibragimov, Byrd, JCG, Peter, Chambers would have been top 10 fighters in any era, would get wins over some other top contenders and be capable of competing with that eras Champion.

About the rest of their careers i agree. I hope Volodymyr in particular starts going after emerging HW's likely to hold belts once they retire like Boytsov, Pulev, Glazkov, Szpilka, Povetkin, Price, Helenius, etc so their legacy will continue to get better after retirement.
        I really don't place a lot of the names you mentioned that high either. Floyd Patterson really only had Johansson on his resume as a really good win for his time, which is why I place Patterson around where the Klitschko's are on the ATG list. Same with Marciano. Yes, he had wins over Walcott, Lewis, and Charles, but they were all past it and on their way out when he got the them. And he didn't even completely blow them out either.

Tyson is another one that is on the fence for me. He doesnt have a defining win over another ATG HW, aside from an old Larry Holmes. But I would rank Tyson beating Tucker and Spinks as good, if not still better, than what the Klitschko's have done. But I don't really have Tyson all that high as well after thinking about it.

Bowe beating Holyfield is far and away greater than anything the Klitschko's have done, by far. On top of decent names like Dokes, Hide, and Golota, which are more along the lines of the people the Klitschko's have fought. So I would rank Bowe ahead of the Klitschko's on the list, just on beating an unbeaten Holyfield, who's another ATG HW.

Joe Louis had great wins though for his era. For his era, he fought some really good fighters. Baer, Schmeling, Lewis, Conn, and Walcott were really good wins. Yes, Walcott was not in his peak at the time he fought Louis, but neither was Louis. Baer, Schemling, Lewis, Conn, and Walcott in their era's are bigger wins than ANYTHING the Klitschko's have done by far.

But to answer the question about ATG HW beating another ATG HW, Liston beat Floyd Patterson, when Floyd was far and away the best HW in the world and viewed as prime. You also have Jack Johnson beating Sam Langford when both were prime. So I see what you are saying, but still.....the Klitschko's are not as tested by Byrd, Sanders, Chambers, Peter and others, as theyw ould have been by other ATG's like Ali, Liston, Foreman, Frazier, Holmes, Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, and Lewis. Or the other pretty good fighters like Norton, Shavers, Lyle, Young, Tucker, Moorer.

One also has the eye test right??? Do Samuel Peter, Chris Byrd, Shannon Briggs, Corrie Sanders, look as good as the other HW's from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's???? No, not to me at least.

Comment

Working...
        X