No announcement yet.

Should Canelo fight Quillin next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
    Exactly, so with Canelo aiming to be a PPV star, this means he has to go after the big names, the Cottos, Martinez and dare I say to GGGs of the world.
    Angulo was basically the biggest name available at 154 with the exception of Lara and Trout in which he already beat.

Now if he lowers his demands, Quillin is a legit and winnable fight for Alvarez.
    I'm talking about for June/July though.
    They'll probably target cotto after and Martinez next year if he's off of HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
      He can fight Kirkland also, fight the guy that beat the guy you just fought.
      That is if he doesn't fight Lara.

A Kirkland fight is PPV worthy.
      GBP ain't gonna work with him after Kirkland sued and screwed them

Comment

Originally posted by CoolDigz View Post
        I can only see this fight happening if Cotto looses. If Cotto wins he's the first target they go after. Its better to have the Quillin Vs Jacob's fight first. Quillin might be an undercard fighter but he's big in NY. And he's helping fill the Barclay's not some cracker jack venue. That's gotta count for something. He might actually be a bigger star than he gets credit for. At least in his mind maybe.
        Jacobs/Quillin could be next... I think Canelo beats Quillin, but not Jacobs. All depends on what GBP wants.

They could probably hold main event with Jacobs/Quillin....but instead he's fighting on an undercard in DC

Comment

Originally posted by CoolDigz View Post
          I can only see this fight happening if Cotto looses. If Cotto wins he's the first target they go after. Its better to have the Quillin Vs Jacob's fight first. Quillin might be an undercard fighter but he's big in NY. And he's helping fill the Barclay's not some cracker jack venue. That's gotta count for something. He might actually be a bigger star than he gets credit for. At least in his mind maybe.
          I think Quillin could be Canelo's debut at the Barclays. It would be a good way to introduce him to the Tri-state crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I think Quillin could be Canelo's debut at the Barclays. It would be a good way to introduce him to the Tri-state crowd.
            I think he'd be down to go to NY....if he doesn't mind a little higher percentage cut

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Works for everyone. Quillin finally fights in a main event, Canelo wins a MW belt, hightest pay day of Quillin's undercard career

Comment

Working...
              X