Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't Mathebula get some credit now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
    He wasn't even trying to win. That was some bullsh#t.
    Wasn't even trying...yea right. Want did you think all that running was for. Running = winning nowaday.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
      Math won that fight easily, I'm very impressed by him. Every fighter should follow his footstep by fighting scared...backing up and fighting scared is now the new trend to win fight. Those judges don't know shot about boxing. Aggressive fighters are now a joke.
      Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
      He wasn't even trying to win. That was some bullsh#t.
      its called boxing geniuses, hit and not get hit. how can you be fighting scared and not trying to win when you throw like 800 punches?

in your clearly brilliant opinion what should he have done? gon in there with the perhaps hardest puncher in the world p4p and let donaire knock him out? donaire nearly took his head off with a left hook and broke his jaw with a right. if you fight someone with that kind of power you need to avoid getting hit, its common ****ing sense.

if you are 5 inches taller and fighting a puncher like that its a good gameplan to keep your distance and try to outbox and outwork him rather than take foolish chances and hand over the victory.

you two need to figure out what it means to box, hit and not get hit. its part of the sport (the main part), always has been and always will be. you need to gain knowledge about that and stop dissrespecting fighters who box rather than brawl. mathebula wasnt fighting scared and he was there to win, he was boxing and doing a good job of it. he deserves lots of credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
        Question is, who is not ?
        By the way, I just realised one thing... Nishioka does not have a belt anymore, so if Donaire wants to stick to his promise he has to fight Mares or Rigondeaux.
        Im with ya my man. I would like to see how Donaire handles Rigo. Rigo has more speed and just as much pop IMHO, with arguably more skill. I'd still like to see Rigo step up in comp a lil more(even though I think they are moving him perfectly at this point). They seem to be gunning for Nish from the post fight interview, IDK if I wanna see that fight right now, but I could change my mind, it is a very interesting fight. He has sooooooo many options at SBW its outta sight. Since we see that he has a little difficulty with height and length I'd like to see if Caba can come down once more or be Nonito's 1st fight at FW. I just dont see him scrappin Rigo just yet. They both might finally meet at 126 or 130. But then thats a whole new can of worms as 130 and 126 is a live wire right now as well.

Comment

I posted in another thread that Mathebula might've been able to pull it off..... Not mad that he didn't though.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo View Post
            Before the fight you could hear opinions like "Why he's even a champion" or that he's C level and will get blasted in couple rounds and even now it's like "Donaire is not that good".
            People who thought he's a bum obviously are not watching too many fights in lower weight classes and doesn't know that rules are slightly different down there. He did great defensive job for the most part, had great punch output and that amazing height makes him dificult for anyone and makes up for his technical flaws and lack of balance.
            Guy can fight, he may very well be the best fighter behind the top 4 Donaire, Nishioka, Rigondeaux and Mares.
            He gets a lot of credit...he came to fight. It wasnt easy...for both of them! He got plenty of fight in him and showed it against a well rounded gifted boxer in Donaire!

Comment

I thought both guys fought well and put on a great show.

Hadn't seen much of Mathubela (hope I got it right this mornin') except for a few youtube clips that got posted here in NSB, but I'd be happy to see him in the mix with some other fighters in or near this division.

Was starting to lose confidence in Nonito, but this fight brought me right back. He fought his ass off against an opponent that was there to win and showed that he does carry some pop up to this weightclass.

And without any corresponding loss of speed as well.

Comment

Working...
              X