No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Cotto-Clottey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    If Clottey's corner reminded him that its ok to throw punches in the last round, he would have won that fight

I agree.

Clottey is one of the most maddening dudes around.

When he's on the big stage he looks for the exit strategy.

He did it with Margs. He did it with Cotto.

It's like he's afraid to win the big one.

His problem is he's got that defensive countering style. Every punch has to be perfect. You don't win the big ones that way.

Comment

This fight was absolute confirmation that clottey was/is a loser.

I had suspected since the baldo fight.

He's a sturdy guy with a tough d or whatever but he's just not made to be a winner. He let cotto have his way and cotto's fsce was ripped open...

Comment

Honestly, i think this is a bad fight to rewatch cotto on.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          I agree.

His problem is he's got that defensive countering style. Every punch has to be perfect. You don't win the big ones that way.
          Pretty much exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            Honestly, i think this is a bad fight to rewatch cotto on.
            I'm watching Quintana, Malignaggi, and Bailey next. Vintage Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              I agree.

Damn pollack beat me to my point.

Comment

Man Cotto has OK defense but practically every single right hand Clottey was throwing was landing almost almost flush. I think the cut was a huge factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  Damn pollack beat me to my point.

I didn't know it was a contest. It was our point.

Just got back from Cambodia, caught a bug man.

And believe it or not it was from the countryside, not from the natural se asian beauty in bars ha ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney Loc View Post
                    I decided to watch some earlier Cotto fights cause he's been growing on me lately and wanted to analyze his skillz but just as I finished watching this fight I remembered why I don't really like him.

He looked TERRIBLE in this fight. Don't let HBO's ballgargling fool you, people, Cotto looked like balls. He basically flurried and backpeddled the entire fight but showed glimpses of vintage Cotto when he would occasionally land some hard left hooks to the body and head. Clottey did everything right except he didn't throw enough. Had he thrown about 30 more punches in every round, he would have a TKO victory over Cotto right now. Sure, the bad cut Cotto suffered helped Clottey but it was clearly accidental and not caused on purpose like Cottosexuals would have you believe. Looking back, it's now easy to see why Pacquiao fought him right after this fight. And I'm a dumbass for not betting money on Pac to win.

Clottey's lack of volume and Cotto's flurries won the fight for Cotto. Still looked like crap, and Emanuel Steward agreed. :down:
                    Dude, he couldn't see anything. The Headbutt cut was one of the worst I seen. Mad fighters quit over smaller cuts. Blood was going straight into his eye, without that cut he would have easily won because he couldn't see any right hands from Clottey. That twas a ****ty fight to judge Cotto one TBH. He actually didn't even have a trainer for that fight either. The whole campe was with the same nutritionist yes man he fought Pac with. How does that help anyone? No plan. No real trainer to correct your mistakes. I scored that found six rounds a piece with the knockdown and Cotto won the late rounds, I don't know what some people be seeing but he did not gas out. Cotto is way better now.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney Loc View Post
                      I'm watching Quintana, Malignaggi, and Bailey next. Vintage Cotto.
                      Now that's good times. Throw in shane, pac and the underrated urk win and you have all u need to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X