Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If All Boxers Had Khan State of Mind Would It Be For The Greater Good of Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If All Boxers Had Khan State of Mind Would It Be For The Greater Good of Boxing?

We know Amir Khan possesses one of the greatest fighting spirits in boxing - if all boxers had a similar heart would it be for betterment of the sport?

Following the destruction of Lamont Peterson by Lucas Matthysse, Amir Khan made it clear he'd face Matthysse in December, even though many questioned his punch resistance against such a formidable power puncher. To Khan it's of no consequence - he'll face the harder hitters out there regardless - already proving this by facing Maidana, Garcia, Judah and Prescott.

We know many boxers are of a different chemical make-up - Bradley and Alexander openly ducked Khan at 140. Martinez appears to be avoiding Golovkin. Vitali Klitschko has avoided Haye for nearly 2 years. And the list goes on..

The Khan state of mind is a rare treasure in the commercialized fiasco of today's pugilistic arena. Would the sport of boxing benefit greatly if more boxers had the bulletproof balls of Khan?
    Yes - boxing benefits by having fighters with true heart like Khan
    80.00%
    No - boxing doesn't benefit by having fighters with heart
    13.33%
    Undecided / Other
    6.67%

Khan is ducking Prescott, that's a terrible example of boxing, if everyone had his state of mind, boxing would fall apart.

Comment

Khan's great! I got no problem with guy. I enjoy all his fights and wants to fight the best. No hating from me.

Comment

Khan lives in a state of delusion doe

Comment

Khan has boulders for balls. I respect that. He knows his limits but disregards them to challenge himself and prove others wrong. Plus he has pretty exciting fights and gets rocked often.

Comment

Khan's braveness is a lil overrated to me. Some of those fights make him look brave after the fact due to them beating him but he at the time most thought those were fight he should win and not tossups

Comment

Khans balls are overrated, he won't so much talk Prescott and hes gone on record saying he won't give Maidana a rematch.

Overrated balls, overrated fighter.

''I want to fight Floyd'' yeah who doesn't kid?

Balls because he gets off the deck, I can't think of a fighter who hasn't tried to get up. What is he supposed to do lie there and ask the ref for a blanket?

There isn't a fighter in the sport who don't want million dollar paydays and cracks at world titles.

Comment

He gets punished for doing what he is supposed to do...

- Fights Maidana when everyone said he was going to duck him.

- Offered Tim Bradley a 50/50 split in UK PPV despite no one knowing who the fuk that punk is.

- Fights the next available champ in Judah when Bradley b1tches out.

- Went to another fighter's hometown despite being the unified champion.

- Got shafted on the scorecards but still offers an immediate rematch and a 50/50 split despite being the bigger name.

- Gets fuked out of the rematch because the other guy fails a drug test.

- Fights the next available champion in Garcia after having to endure two training camps

You can't criticise Khan for what he's done at 140lbs at all

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                  We know Amir Khan possesses one of the greatest fighting spirits in boxing - if all boxers had a similar heart would it be for betterment of the sport?

Following the destruction of Lamont Peterson by Lucas Matthysse, Amir Khan made it clear he'd face Matthysse in December, even though many questioned his punch resistance against such a formidable power puncher. To Khan it's of no consequence - he'll face the harder hitters out there regardless - already proving this by facing Maidana, Garcia, Judah and Prescott.

We know many boxers are of a different chemical make-up - Bradley and Alexander openly ducked Khan at 140. Martinez appears to be avoiding Golovkin. Vitali Klitschko has avoided Haye for nearly 2 years. And the list goes on..

The Khan state of mind is a rare treasure in the commercialized fiasco of today's pugilistic arena. Would the sport of boxing benefit greatly if more boxers had the bulletproof balls of Khan?
                  Wow princess let me stop you there, vitali klitschko is a ducker? Please don't give me that bulli***** VK fights all. You talk about duckers and you fail to mention P4P the greatest ducker ever Floyd Mayweather. Anyway khans heart is simply vice of excess nothing else. The kid needs to use his head when fighting and choosing opponents if he wants to maintain as an 'elite athlete'.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    He gets punished for doing what he is supposed to do...

- Fights Maidana when everyone said he was going to duck him.

- Offered Tim Bradley a 50/50 split in UK PPV despite no one knowing who the fuk that punk is.

- Fights the next available champ in Judah when Bradley b1tches out.

- Went to another fighter's hometown despite being the unified champion.

- Got shafted on the scorecards but still offers an immediate rematch and a 50/50 split despite being the bigger name.

- Gets fuked out of the rematch because the other guy fails a drug test.

- Fights the next available champion in Garcia after having to endure two training camps

You can't criticise Khan for what he's done at 140lbs at all
                    I agree but at the same time, he only fought in D.C. because he thought Peterson was an easy win. He thought he wouldnt have much trouble and thats how most people felt. The same goes for Garcia. He was a big favorite.

Still, I give him his props. Im an LP fan and Im from the DMV. I was at the fight and thought Khan won.

The flip side to all of this is also that he's got losses. By that I mean whenever you lose a fight, you have to then fight tough guys because without it, you cant get back to the top.

For example, lets say Garcia ducks a fight with Lucas. Let Garcia fight someone lesser and lose. I bet you a million dollars that he would give anything to fight Lucas at that point because he has to if he wants to get back to the top

Comment

Working...
                    X