Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just recorded a song, would love your opinions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just recorded a song, would love your opinions.

removed..........
    Last edited by ..........; 08-04-2011, 12:36 AM.

Originally posted by ATWA View Post
    I am an older member here, so alot of you guys don't know me, but back in the old BoxingScene days, I headed the rap battle movement. Well I just recorded my first song for a mixtape, if any hip-hop enthusiasts would check it out and let me know what you think, i'd appreciate it.

Quite decent.

My advice would be to be a little louder. change your tone a little to avoid a monotone flow..

All in all it was pretty good. Keep us posted with your tracks as you make'em..!

Comment

its good but uve got to put more emotion into ur voice...it would suit this track really well

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
        its good but uve got to put more emotion into ur voice...it would suit this track really well
        Thans alot, I appreciate that. I've been hearing that from a few people so I will do that next time.

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
        Quite decent.

My advice would be to be a little louder. change your tone a little to avoid a monotone flow..

All in all it was pretty good. Keep us posted with your tracks as you make'em..!
        Thanks, and I definitely will. Appreciate the critique.

Comment

Not bad, I agree with more emotion in the voice but other than that it was decent. Keep it up man!

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian.. View Post
            Not bad, I agree with more emotion in the voice but other than that it was decent. Keep it up man!
            Thanks alot man, appreciate it. I was recording it late last night using this program called "Audacity" with an external plug in microphone and cheap Doss headphones, and trying not to wake my roomates. Hopefully the next one i'll be able to do better.

Comment

Meh, save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date.

Comment

You have some good lyrics and punch lines and i feel what you say however you need to work on your flow, rhyme patterns and voice control.

But keep it up, write verses on different type of beats to practice actually rapping, freestyle as much as you can, this is where you will learn to have different flows and use your voice.

I have been doing music myself for the past 10 years, but mine is in french, so it would not be relevant to most people here.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                  You have some good lyrics and punch lines and i feel what you say however you need to work on your flow, rhyme patterns and voice control.

But keep it up, write verses on different type of beats to practice actually rapping, freestyle as much as you can, this is where you will learn to have different flows and use your voice.

I have been doing music myself for the past 10 years, but mine is in french, so it would not be relevant to most people here.
                  Thanks for the input, what kind of music do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by ATWA View Post
                    Thanks for the input, what kind of music do you do?
                    Rap just like you.

I would suggest listening to tons of music, not only rap, listen to rock, classic, metal, whatever you want, as long as you like it. I assure you will you learn things about music and better yourself by just doing that.

I listen to rap, rock, classic, reggae, blues, jazz, hell i even like damn country. I have over 100 gigs of music in my pc and my father's whole vynil collection.(like 200+)

It's also great for finding good samples.
                    Last edited by Equilibrium; 04-22-2011, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X