Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Like "Sweet Pea" Whitaker Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do People Like "Sweet Pea" Whitaker Now?

Whitaker was one of the most hated fighters of his generation. He was arrogant, he would taunt his opponents in the ring, he talked ****, and he had a style only true fans of the sweet science could fully enjoy. But now everyone has nothing but good to say about him? Were you guys just not around during his day or did you completely forget that Whitaker was the Mayweather of his era? What exactly has changed that made Whitaker from hated to respected?

I never disliked Whitaker.
    I never disliked Mayweather.
    They both are incredibly gifted, and I think their personalities are pretty funny really.

Truth be told though, Ive always thought Whitaker was a bit more exciting. Perhaps it was just his style...he stayed more in one place than Mayweather does, and used slight movements to make his opponents miss.
    Not that it matters.
    ________
    Nevada Medical Marijuana
    Last edited by Steak; 02-11-2011, 04:01 AM.

Comment

one word to explain " Retirement"

there are many boxer who are hated when they where fightign after they retired everybody says good things

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
        one word to explain " Retirement"

there are many boxer who are hated when they where fightign after they retired everybody says good things
        Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Hes an excellent fighter, and today his antics seem more acceptable.

Comment

I always liked him. he was arrogant but no where near as bad as Mayweather. I like Mayweather too.

I guess outside the ring, their antics can be annoying but I'm not about tabloids. I like the sport.

Comment

I think thats what's going to happen when Mayweather retires, whenever that might be. 5 to 10 yrs down the road we will appreiciate his talents even more and we will start comparing certain boxers to him. Look at Ali, I wasn't around then, but I've heard from some older people that many hated him for his mouth, but now his mouth and skills are appreciated big time.

Comment

I never really followed "sweet pea" but I heard now he's training hw Calvin Brock. I hope some of his charisma rubs off on him!

Comment

I never liked him.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                    I think thats what's going to happen when Mayweather retires, whenever that might be. 5 to 10 yrs down the road we will appreiciate his talents even more and we will start comparing certain boxers to him. Look at Ali, I wasn't around then, but I've heard from some older people that many hated him for his mouth, but now his mouth and skills are appreciated big time.
                    Seems there's a fighter like that in every generation...

Comment

Working...
                    X