• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 days of summer (romcom)

I actually found this pretty funny

7/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      Black Dynamite 10/10 Greatness in the field of exellence.
      Black Dynamite has HILARIOUS! Loved that flick.

Just watched a movie called Brick with Joseph Gordon-Levitt which was surprisingly good. Definitely worth a watch. Also Detachment with Adrien Brody was an excellent movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
        500 days of summer (romcom)

I actually found this pretty funny

7/10
        I just saw that too & it was pretty good. Check out The Station Agent. It's a solid movie.

Comment

• 7 year itch

one of the few billy wilder flicks im not really fond of...

it was too "talkie" and theres a lot of soliloquy from the main character...

it is still watchable, dont get me wrong with the impeccable talent of it's leading man redeeming it... (im not really familiar with the actor who played that guy) but his comedic timing and sensibilities were more than enough not just to carry the film but to compensate for the anemic, one dimensional presence of marilyn monroe... (the iconic image of the sex symbol with her white dress being blown by a speeding train through a subway grate is found in this film incidentally...)

its an alright film i guess... i was not that impressed...

7 / 10

Comment

• i had 2 robin williams flicks the past few days... both excellent pieces of cinema...

awakenings...

williams stars with robert de niro in this heart gripping tale of finding hope, courage and ultimately meaning into one's life amidst catatonia brought about by parkinsonism... the book from which this movie was lifted was of course the more detailed and layered but the film aint that far behind...

de niro and williams struggle with their chemistry in some scenes but overcomes all of that with well researched take on their roles as patient and neurologist respectively...

oliver sacks, the author of the novel is one masterful writer... the book version is teeming with neuroscientific insights that leads to the very essence of the human condition... i will shine the shoes of that man for free...

9 for the film, 10 for the book...

Comment

• Resident Evil 5 3D - terrible.

Comment

• patch adams

comedy drama that stars robin williams as a doctor that uses humour and fun as a part of his treatments to his patients (even the terminal ones)

its a one man crusade that brings him against not only the powers that be but also social and medical norms that permeate our society...

the ending of this movie is somewhat of a misplaced narrative sequence and kinda like heartbreaking but when i learned it was based on a true story it becomes quite difficult to complain...

its an ok film... 8...
                Last edited by talip bin osman; 09-21-2012, 03:17 AM.

Comment

• gone - 8.5

snow white - 5

safe- 6.5

snowtown murders - 7

Comment

• Pusher 2012 version 4/10
                    Taken 2 2/10 - Was terrible.
                    RocknRolla 8/10. Wish guy ritchie Made a number 2 instead of making sherlock holmes

Comment

• sleepy hollow

johnny depp is a very good actor and he really shines in this unmistakably tim burton flick... one thing about tim, he really has a certain visual panache stamped in his every film that audiences would readily say, "this is a tim burton flick no doubt about it..."

the villain played by christopher walken would give anton chigurh and the the T-1000 a run for their money as cold and unstoppable killing machines...

8 / 10

Comment

Working...
                      X