Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the second Cotto Margarito fight prove Margarito simply had Cotto's number?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the second Cotto Margarito fight prove Margarito simply had Cotto's number?

Margarito was breaking him down before the fight was called off. Round 9 was his best round and Cotto was gassing and slowing down...

Cotto may have just about scraped by due to Margarito's eye injury but had Margarito not had that eye injury I think the fight would have ended just like the first.
    Yes, too much stamina and durability for Miguel
    61.29%
    No ***9834;it's just emotions taking me over bee gees song starts playing***9834;
    38.71%

I almost wasted thought on you....

Comment

I disagree with your first sentence, Cotto was in control all the way through. He even started pushing Margarito against the ropes at the later stages.

HOWEVER, I would have loved to see that fight go until the 12th round.

It would have also been interesting to see ROACH version of Cotto against Margarito.

Comment

i remember when this site had decent trolls

Comment

"No, it's just emotions taking me over bee gees song starts playing"

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
            Margarito was breaking him down before the fight was called off. Round 9 was his best round and Cotto was gassing and slowing down...

Cotto may have just about scraped by due to Margarito's eye injury but had Margarito not had that eye injury I think the fight would have ended just like the first.
            Here Son, some RED K. You will be deep into the Red soon enough kid.

Comment

Margarito is a fighter who gets stronger as the fight goes

Cotto is a fighter who fades as the fight goes.

Comment

Lol. That Begees thing.

Serious note, they were pretty evenly matched in both fights. Their styles collided fairly evenly.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                  Here Son, some RED K. You will be deep into the Red soon enough kid.
                  Truth hurts homie, I actually like Cotto but I believe Margarito had his number.

Comment

No, it just proved that a shot Margarito got whooped.

Comment

Working...
                    X