Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what specific fight made you a fan of the sweet science?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what specific fight made you a fan of the sweet science?

Morales vs Pacquiao 1 was mine. Then I started to branch off to barrera and marquez fights later on then I started watching more and more. What about you?

I remember being young watching Tyson, then entering my 1st gym at 12 and actually training...i fell in love because i already loved to fight but the training and knowledge gave me an edge. After Tyson got me watching i fell in love with Roy Jones Jr and it went on from there. Boxing had me hooked and now it actually translates to life to me, i do not just watch boxing i am boxing..i live it love it and teach it

Comment

I fell in love with the sport with Trinidad-DLH. It was my first time watching a big fight.... the hype and excitement of the event hooked me on it. I was a big Vargas fan back then lol, used to do the duckface he did in every photo.

Comment

i think it was barrera hamed for me

Comment

When I was really young I liked ODLH up until he got destroyed by Pacquiao. I then hated Pacquiao but had major respect for him. When JMM koed him, that's when I became a huge fan and realized all that he has accomplished.

I realllly got into boxing (& this forum) back in January with the Lucian Bute - Jean Pascal fight.

Comment

I grew up watching a hell of a lot of boxing so I'm not sure which single fight got me hooked up, it was a family thing plus I started training too.

But some of the earliest fights I remember well come from about 1996 onwards and they include guys like Oscar, Naz, Tito, Hops, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis and so on.

Earlier than that, I have vague memories of staying up and tuning into Eubank and Benn with my dad.

Comment

Barrera-McKinney that is the fist episode of B.A.D. right? I was watching boxing before that and following it a bit before that but B.A.D. those first few year really set the hook.

Another B.A.D. fight that really got my attention was Ibaebuchi-Tua

Comment

my family has always been into it so i watched when they watched...mostly Duran fights...but the one single fight that hooked me was Hagler-Hearns

Comment

chavez sr-taylor...

Comment

I was always a casual..if I caught it on tv, I'd watch it..

wasn't until Cotto-Torres that I was amazed at the back and forth war that I became hooked and had to watch every fight possible since..

Comment

Working...
                    X