Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is a better salesman - Floyd or Paulie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is a better salesman - Floyd or Paulie?

Floyd is a defensive wizard who has become a gigantic cash-cow. I mean, it is crazy how he has become so big. Think about it; most of the superstars of boxing have been attacking fighters, not defensive geniuses. Can you ever imagine Sweat Pea, B-Hop or Chris Byrd becoming such huge stars?

Then you got Paulie. Now, I like Paulie the man. And I respect his heart in the ring. But man, I simply don't enjoy watching him fight. At all. There is no sense of danger due to the complete lack of punching power. Even when I watch someone like Winky, while I know he's not gonna really hurt the other guys, there is enough mustard on his punches to keep the other guy honest.

And unlike Mayweather, Paulie doesn't at least bring dazzling skill. I'm amazed so many people are excited for the Broner fight. And I'm talking CASUAL fans, who have come up to me to talk about this fight, more than they did when Lamont v Lucas fought or Froch vs Kessler. Some of this is down to Broner's rising star. But a lot is down to the stellar work Paulie has put in promoting this fight.

I mean, he's talking about putting Broner to sleep

it's hard to buy into Paulie's trash talk
    he got owned in his big fight with Hatton
    he got owned in his big fight with Khan
    he fought well, but got punished against Cotto
    Floyd's trash talk is cringeworthy, but casual fans do buy it
    at least Floyd doesn't blow big opportunities

Comment

I'd say Floyd. The proof is in the numbers. There are plenty of defensive artists out there that get no shine, aside from some NSB posters hyping them up. Floyd marketed himself brilliantly over the years. Paulie is good too though.. Built a nice little buzz for his fight. But Floyd on another level.

Comment

Considering Mayweathers style it's amazing he makes so much money from his fights, but it may just be because nobody wants to miss him losing or the first time he get's KO'd... if he does.

I'd say considering Malignaggi's losses, and he's a pretty uninteresting fighter..he's doing better to promote his upcoming fight. I think he just got too much to say allllll the time. Seems a real nice guy but he talks and tweet's way too much... ha

Comment

Working...
        X