Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leo Santa Cruz to headline CBS-televised show on Dec. 15!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo Santa Cruz to headline CBS-televised show on Dec. 15!!!!

Leo Santa Cruz to headline CBS-televised show on Dec. 15
    by Doug Fischer
    Nov 29th, 2012
    SHARE THIS STORY

Bantamweight titleholder Leo Santa Cruz will headline a CBS-televised show on Dec. 15 in Los Angeles with members of the 2012 U.S. Olympic team on the undercard, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer confirmed to ******.com on Wednesday.

The unbeaten Southern Californian will defend his IBF title against an opponent to be named at the Los Angeles Sport Arena in the afternoon before the Amir Khan-Carlos Molina fight, which will take place at the same historic venue.

On the undercard, the six U.S. Olympian signed by influential manager Al Haymon -- heavyweight Dominic Breazeale, light heavyweight Marcus Browne, middleweight Terrell Gausha, welterweight Errol Spence Jr., light welterweight Jamel Herring and flyweight Rau'shee Warren -- will be in action in schedueld four-round bouts.

It's not yet known if all six will make the broadcast, which is the first time CBS has aired live boxing since Bernard Hopkins defended his IBF middleweight title against Glen Johnson in 1997.

Santa Cruz (22-0-1, 13 knockouts), a volume-punching pressure fighter, has earned the reputation of being one of the more promising young titleholders this year with his IBF belt-winning decision over Vusi Malinga in June and his stoppage title defenses against Eric Morel (TKO 5) in September and Victor Zaleta earlier this month.

Ring TV .com

Good for him, I'm glad he's getting the exposure.

Comment

Great his style the casuals will eat up.

Comment

Great news, good t.vstyle

Comment

Brilliant. It's great that he's a young guy that is still staying active despite now being a new champ. No better way to pick up the ring experience and savvy needed to face all styles comfortably and stay sharp, which he needs to keep doing. He'll be a great young champ over the coming years if he keeps this up. Still needs to work on slipping shots inside better though.

Looking forward to it. I think he's one of the most active champions in the sport at the moment, apart from someone like Mundine, who has fought about four times a year every year from memory. Pity he's a dick.

Still, it's good for Cruz because he wasn't that active in previous years. Only fought twice in 2010 and four times as a young 22/23 year old contender in 2011 which is really not much at all. However, fighting 5 times in 2012 as a new champion is exactly what he' and the sport in general, needs more from its young guys. Doesn't happen nearly enough.

Comment

This is great news for boxing, and I'm going to this event, no doubt.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I thought "santa cruz to headline" meant he was the main event but khan vs molina is the main event. So will khan vs molina be on another channel?

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
                I thought "santa cruz to headline" meant he was the main event but khan vs molina is the main event. So will khan vs molina be on another channel?
                khan is on showtime..

Comment

Originally posted by oscar_angels091 View Post
                  khan is on showtime..
                  Ok thanks for clearing that up for me.

Comment

good news...

Comment

Working...
                    X