No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has 'interest' in Robert Guerrero as next foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BIGMARS View Post
    The ghost is unstoppable and looking like an animal since coming to welterweight. He might be the most dangerous opponent for a name in boxing. Incredible this is who Floyd will look to tune up with.
    whats he tuning up for another vacation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
      I mean he could fight JMM again or maybe he could fight Rios.
      Right, lol. Can you imagine the uproar? If he fought Rios it would be "moving someone up in weight that is tailor made for him". If he fought JMM again he would be crucified, too, because of how easy the first fight was. Even though those same people praise Pacquiao for fighting him 4 times to finally try and prove he can beat him.

Mayweather could fight Pacquiao and Martinez back to back, and people would say that Pacquiao is past his best, too small, and that Martinez is too old.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        He totally earned his shot, and nobody would mind if they knew Floyd was fighting 6 months later. No doubt p4p Guerrero >>> Canelo, but fights are not fought p4p. The fact he had to show so much grit against Berto, and especially Aydin who's not that good at all, projects a real one sided beating vs floyd.
        Styles makes fights, and if your saying Margarito was more deserving because The Ghost "gritted out" his last two victories, then I cant buy that argument. Look, Floyd outside of 154 really doesn't have any other options at 147. As you can see, other superstar fighters are now forced to make lighter fighters move up into their division, just to put on a show capable of keeping peoples interest. The thing I like about Guerrero is he's persistent, hungry, and truly wants to fight the best. He's willing to "grit" it out with strong boxer punchers and take chances to get to where he wants to be. Can he beat Floyd...

That remains to be seen, but he won't fold under pressure and has all the physical attributes like Margarito supposedly had to test the champ.

Comment

• How could anybody have ANY interest in this fight. Mayweather is at the twilight of his career, there is no point in wasting another fight on an average fighter like Gurrerro. Fight Martinez or Pacquiao, that's all I want to see. I don't want to hear any more excuses.

Comment

• I think it could be a fun entertaining fight, Guerrero is qualified all he really has left to prove in the sport is if he is truly one of the best.

Floyd might put a bad beat down on the Ghost, but keep in mind that is always a possibility in any fight and Floyd would have to be on top of his game to do that. Floyd is getting older there is no way around that fact and he is a part time fighter, history is littered with great fighters who aged and became part time fighters who got upset by younger hungry guys looking to make their own name. All Guerrero has to do is win 6 or 7 rounds~ easier said than done but it can happen.

I would hate for some people to miss that due to being blinded by shortsightedness~

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              I think it could be a fun entertaining fight, Guerrero is qualified all he really has left to prove in the sport is if he is truly one of the best.

Floyd might put a bad beat down on the Ghost, but keep in mind that is always a possibility in any fight and Floyd would have to be on top of his game to do that. Floyd is getting older there is no way around that fact and he is a part time fighter, history is littered with great fighters who aged and became part time fighters who got upset by younger hungry guys looking to make their own name. All Guerrero has to do is win 6 or 7 rounds~ easier said than done but it can happen.

I would hate for some people to miss that due to being blinded by shortsightedness~
              This fight is crap no matter how you spin it. Mayweather fights once a year, fight Pacquiao or fight Martinez. Otherwise, fuk off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                If Floyd showed real interest in fighting him,I believe he would be available...
                But I thought his next fight in Argentina was set from a while back?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  I think it could be a fun entertaining fight, Guerrero is qualified all he really has left to prove in the sport is if he is truly one of the best.

Plus Guerrero proved he's strong at he weight. Another young prime contender with a P4P pretty good overall resume can no way be considered crap at this stage of Floyd's career.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Alvarez seems the bigger threat to me, though I like Guerrero, and Guerrero has done much more to earn the fight than Alvarez ever did. If Mayweather fights a bigger fight later in the year, then I wouldn't have a major problem with Guerrero, though I don't exactly care about it.
                    I'm honestly not sure.

Other than size and power, I don't see what Alvarez brings to the table that Guererro doesn't.

Other than that, Guererro is obviously more proven and has earned his shot as opposed to Alvarez.

I'm not really exciting for either fight though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyhook View Post
                      This fight is crap no matter how you spin it. Mayweather fights once a year, fight Pacquiao or fight Martinez. Otherwise, fuk off.
                      Pacquiao is a fighting a guy he faced 3x already so stop it. Martinez would be a great fight, but the weight like for Manny is the real issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X