No announcement yet.

Mares is top 5 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    It's unfair and changes every fight he is in. He's literally allowed to do anything he wants, which would be fine if the ref was consistent, but the ref always punishes Mares' opponent. Its hard to give Mares too much credit when he's allowed to do anything.
    Its getting ridiculous, and the ref is obviously biased toward him. If Moreno fought like Mares, he most likely would have been DQ'd

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Its getting ridiculous, and the ref is obviously biased toward him. If Moreno fought like Mares, he most likely would have been DQ'd
      He lost a point for trying to avoid getting head speared as it was. Still came back for his best round of the fight.

Comment

So it was the ref punching Moreno? Reminds me of the people crying about Cortez in the Hatton fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burner View Post
          So it was the ref punching Moreno? Reminds me of the people crying about Cortez in the Hatton fight.
          The ref really wasn't that bad last night. That kind of fight can be hard to call and Mares makes a lot look incidental (I think a lot of it is).

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Definitely not top 5, but despite my anger with what he is allowed to get away with he did deserve the win last night, and he is top 10 without question.
            No bull at all. The amount of low punches he gets away with is ridiculous... I also noticed how both refs for last nights main events were constantly talking to the foreign fighter. Anyway, Donaire would stop Mares easily, it's not like Moreno is a knockout artist.

Comment

Originally posted by GG Magic View Post
              1. Mayweather
              2. Pacquiao
              3. Ward
              4. Martinez
              5. Donaire

Who does he overtake on that list? No one. Not even close.
              His recent competition is better than Mayweather, Pacquiao and Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                He lost a point for trying to avoid getting head speared as it was. Still came back for his best round of the fight.
                Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                The ref really wasn't that bad last night. That kind of fight can be hard to call and Mares makes a lot look incidental (I think a lot of it is).
                You know that was a complete bull**** call when the most corrupt ref of all time (joe cortez) agreed that he shouldnt have taken a point off

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Which means what?

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    Mares's last 5 fights: Moreno, Morel, Agbeko (x2), Darchinyan
                    Pacquiao's last 5 fights: Marquez (x2), Bradley, Mosley, Margarito
                    Martinez last 5 fights: Chavez, Macklin, Barker, Dzinziruk, Williams
                    Mayweather last 5 fights: Cotto, Ortiz, Mosley, Marquez, Hatton

I'm not going to analyze and say which resume I prefer. Mares should get credit for cleaning out the 118lb division.

Comment

if mares doesn't get knocked out by the left hook (or right hand,) he'd murder doniare. i think he'd UD him pretty easily.

real talk. mares is a very steady fighter.

all doniare does is punch hard. mares is a consistent fighter. donaire picks spots to look like roy jones, and otherwise does next to nothing.

mares problem is that he gasses in spots because he's so aggressive. donaire may catch him then, and i do think that he could knock him out with those things. he'll hurt anybody under 130 lbs if he catches them flush.

Comment

Working...
                      X