Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonio Margarito vs Sergio Martinez II : A Possibility

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margarito has a great chin, I think Martinez will have problem with a pressure fighter with good chin. I slightly favor Margarito to win of course at 154
    Last edited by Larrysbird; 07-29-2011, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
      yeah and it would be a good paycheck for martinez as well. i wouldn't support it (because it wouldn't do much for his career/it'd be a joke) but whatever, as long as he gets a paycheck and then fights a top MW afterwards. only way it could happen though is if margs beats cotto, which i'm not too sure of. and i doubt cotto will want to face martinez if he makes it past margs...
      I don't support anyone fighting the cheat, in fact it's the reason I now despise Pac when I used to be a fan of his, but Martinez did lose to him so I'd give him a pass. Personally he should never be allowed in a boxing ring again, but that's already been allowed to happen so I hope he takes savage beatings the rest of his career.

Comment

If Marg looks good and gets past Cotto, hell yea I'd like to see this, although since Martinez is the bigger guy now, rather see it at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
          I don't support anyone fighting the cheat, in fact it's the reason I now despise Pac when I used to be a fan of his, but Martinez did lose to him so I'd give him a pass. Personally he should never be allowed in a boxing ring again, but that's already been allowed to happen so I hope he takes savage beatings the rest of his career.
          That you can't totally blame Pac. Should put some of the blame on Bob the snake.

Comment

It would be a good competitive fight and Tony's style will always give Sergio problems but you have to give Martinez the edge because of where they are in their respective careers right now.

Prime for prime, i'd give the edge to Margarito however because his inside game is too much for Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
              That you can't totally blame Pac. Should put some of the blame on Bob the snake.
              He doesn't deserve all the blame, but he deserves enough of it. Not to mention he's done nothing since in his fight choices to change my mind. I could be won back by him, but the Mosley and JMM fights aren't helping his cause with me. The Mosley fight might have been more of an embarrassment than the Cheatto fight, and this JMM fight has the potential to rank right down there.

Comment

Anyone think Margarito can take Martinez's punches now is plain ******ed,this would be a massacre

Comment

Originally posted by I am God View Post
                  Anyone think Margarito can take Martinez's punches now is plain ******ed,this would be a massacre
                  anyone who thinks sergio would ko margs in 3 rounds is more ******ed....

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
                    He doesn't deserve all the blame, but he deserves enough of it. Not to mention he's done nothing since in his fight choices to change my mind. I could be won back by him, but the Mosley and JMM fights aren't helping his cause with me. The Mosley fight might have been more of an embarrassment than the Cheatto fight, and this JMM fight has the potential to rank right down there.
                    As much as I hate the fight with Mosley and I don't blame you on that but Pac made the most money from the Mosley fight (if im not wrong).

JMM fight is legit because the fans had always said that he lost atleast the second
                    fight so sooner rather than later, fight JMM and get it over and done with (win or lose)

P.S - Back to the thread I'll say Martinez beat Margarito but Marg will still make it a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
                      As much as I hate the fight with Mosley and I don't blame you on that but Pac made the most money from the Mosley fight (if im not wrong).

JMM fight is legit because the fans had always said that he lost atleast the second
                      fight so sooner rather than later, fight JMM and get it over and done with (win or lose)

P.S - Back to the thread I'll say Martinez beat Margarito but Marg will still make it a fight.
                      The JMM fight was legit 3 years ago at 135. Not anywhere close to legit now. I respected Pac because I bought into the hype that he fought the better opposition than Floyd, but the truth is this is the 3rd straight joke fight in a row. As for Martinez-Cheatto Martinez crushes him. He blacked out the bigger, faster, better version of Cheatto in PW.

Comment

Working...
                      X