Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacks and Whites need to stop crying about racism. Hispanics get treated like **** in this country. There will NEVER be a Hispanic president regardless whether we will be in the minority in 50 years. There will be a woman president before that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post

Chief you know I'm right bro.

Comment

Blacks in the U.S have had no other identity other than race to identify themselves as a distinct people. Whites may trace their roots to many different ethnicities which give them a variety of labels other than race. Examples like "Irish Pub","Italian resturant","Jewish holiday","Armenian TV","French cuisine" are but a few. None are considered racist, although all are exclusively white. The label "Black" reflects the difficulty in tracing specific heritage to any one of the different peoples of Africa and is also but an adopted racial category introduced by Europeans. Formally Africans identified themselves by tribe, nation or clan, not by race. Thus the creation of the term "Afro-American" that better signifies heritage and is becoming more widely spread.

Comment

Originally posted by ASS View Post
          Blacks in the U.S have had no other identity other than race to identify themselves as a distinct people. Whites may trace their roots to many different ethnicities which give them a variety of labels other than race. Examples like "Irish Pub","Italian resturant","Jewish holiday","Armenian TV","French cuisine" are but a few. None are considered racist, although all are exclusively white. The label "Black" reflects the difficulty in tracing specific heritage to any one of the different peoples of Africa and is also but an adopted racial category introduced by Europeans. Formally Africans identified themselves by tribe, nation or clan, not by race. Thus the creation of the term "Afro-American" that better signifies heritage and is becoming more widely spread.
          That might as well go for whites as well because let's be real here, so many white kids claim German, English, Irish etc but don't know **** about those cultures and never even been there.

One thing is to identify with a culture because it's a part of your everyday life another is claim to be from Sicily (which every single Italian I have ever met in the States says)

It's the majority vs the minority, when you understand that you will understand the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            That might as well go for whites as well because let's be real here, so many white kids claim German, English, Irish etc but don't know **** about those cultures and never even been there.

One thing is to identify with a culture because it's a part of your everyday life another is claim to be from Sicily (which every single Italian I have ever met in the States says)

It's the majority vs the minority, when you understand that you will understand the difference.
            But how is it the same for whites? I'm Irish I don't claim to be anything else?
            Bringing people into this conversation who you claim wish they where a different culture is the pointless.

Comment

Comment

Black people in America had their culture and heritage taken away from them, so they've made their own, separate from mainstream American culture. For whatever reason white kids always want to be a part of, so a lot of it gets ****genized and absorbed by the mainstream.

When I went to Uganda a few years ago all I saw were 2Pac, Biggie, and Obama tshirts. Africans definitely identify with African-Americans as being black people like them. No one was wearing a Vanilla Ice tshirt.

Comment

Let's face it, if I call a black man a "nigger" or a "coon." People will immediately jump on me and call me racist (and right so,)
                  But how about when a black man calls a white person a "cracker" it's not look on as racism?

This isn't a hate thread, I genuinely want to hear peoples opinions on this.

I understand some black people are still going by the whole slavery situation and may think their racists views are justified but blacks who are racists are just as ignorant as any other racists.

Take for example BET, thats some of the most racist shit you'll ever see towards whites and it's looked opinion as being funny?
                  You can bet your ass if there was WET (White Entertainment TV) it would be considered racist.

I just watched some clips from awhile back on BET and I must say I was fucking sickened by it and how it was accepted,
                  The Host made 'white jokes', several presenters/recipients (including Alicia Keys) gushed about how beautiful and great Black people are, even saying 'everyone wants to be like us (black)', and several times they told the audience to vote for Obama (presumably just because he is 'black', not for any policy issue).
                  To find out if this is racist, exchange the word 'black' for 'white' and imagine it coming from white entertainers. Can you imagine Billy Crystal hosting the 'white entertainment awards' making black jokes and Celine Dion gushing about how white people were so beautiful and great & how everyone wants to be white?

Everyone give blacks a free pass on this issue because their ancestors were treated horribly in the past. But its 2011. How can we treat each other as equals when the rules are different for some?
                  In all fairness that's just not true..perfect example is the Mayweather rant on Pac look how every station jumped at him for saying what he said.. But Brock Lesnar can say he was going to whoop Cains ass and eat a barrito and drink a corona and it's ok..Look at Glen Beck and Rush 2 of the most racist individuals in our media yet no one cares. Racism across the board is just ignorant no matter who it comes from and every side gets a pass..Just look at this post when ur done in the first page I already see people posting pictures of slaves being lynched and burned but nothing will get done about it..And it will be more to come watch and see

Comment

By saying "blacks" you are putting every single black person in that group. Guess what? There are people with black skin, white skin, yellow skin, orange skin, etc. who are racists. There are people with black skin, white skin, yellow skin, orange skin, etc. who are not racists. People need to be individuals and not say "this group" gets away with "this" and "this group" would not get away with it.

Be a person and be human to other people.

Comment

In the end racism will always be here because people will always be ignorant and whoever thinks hatred will end they are naive. It doesn't matter if the short people hate the tall people the black hair people hate the blonds it will always be something people find to separate themselves and create division. But like my friend above said we all of the same race and that's human race.

Comment

Working...
                      X