Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest tragic loss/waste of talent in boxing, Salvador Sanchez or Edwin Valero???!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
    Im not going to play around with "certified" and "biggest win".

You want to say certified and Ill say biggest win.

Miguel Cotto was a good fighter, champ and all that, his name skyrocketed when he beat Mosley.

You want to say it certified him?...ok
    I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying.

You saying Mosley and Cotto skyrocketed Cotto and Margarito name. What I'm saying that wasn't the case for Sanchez with Gomez. Danny Lopez was that name for Sanchez, Lopez was just as popular(more so than Mosley) and in the HOF so just as good as both. His name was pretty big and that was the fight that made Sanchez a house hold name.

What the Gomez fight did was certified Sanchez greatness it was his best win. Unlike Mosley and Cotto those wins didn't certified Cotto nor Margarito greatness. They could not have retired and be considered HOF'er after those fights. Sanchez as you can see can be labeled as an ATG after that fight. It certified his greatness but he was already a big name fighter with his wins over "Little red" Castillo and Laporte. What the Gomez win did is not make his name bigger but just proved he was a great great fighter.

Comment

Sanchez...and it's not even close.

Comment

You comparing Valero to Sanchez?!

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          Sanchez...and it's not even close.
          Damn right it ain't

Comment

Working...
          X