Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Team Golovkin refuse to acknowledge Lara's constant calling to fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. This guy got smashed in this video.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Umm, because he's irrelevant?

He had his shot, and got beat by Canelo.

Gotta earn that fight if he wants it.

Comment

it's a good fight in theory but how is it going to get made? it's pointless to discuss, at least until lara does something that makes the fight unavoidable, like beats jacobs or something like that. let's not forget that he's done nothing lately and lost his last big fight

Comment

I dont really see why GGG gets so much stick for this. Lara is a mediocre draw, from the division below and is shouting from across the promotional divide. GGG/K2 have no reason to think this fight is makeable, no reason to believe it would do good numbers or even improve GGG's resume that much. The Jacobs fight makes sense to work with Haymon for. Jacobs is a MW title holder, coming off a good win. Lara is a good world level JMW who hasnt to my knowledge fought at MW before.

The Ward situation looks much worse for GGG/K2 imo. That was one of the biggest fights in boxing, they were both on the same network. Dont know who ducked who, or who stalled negotiations, but the fight could and should have happened.

Comment

ts avoiding all post with haymon vs hbo in it

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Well yeah, Lara shelled up and ran vs a much less threatening opponent, after calling him out for years. You think hed show more mettle against Ggg? Doubtful.

Either way you should watch this short instructive video. Let me know what you think!

I acknowledge Lara has stunk it up on several occasions. His one dimensional style of high guard, jab and straight left cross, isn't hard to overcome, hence the reason he struggled with Molino, Martirosian, Angulo etc. But, with Golovkin fighting guys like Monroe, washed up Geale, Macklin, Rubio, Lemeux etc. He might as well fight Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabulous View Post
                Umm, because he's irrelevant?

He had his shot, and got beat by Canelo.

Gotta earn that fight if he wants it.
                What did Lemieux or Monroe Jr or even Stevens do to "deserve his shot"?

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                  What did Lemieux or Monroe Jr or even Stevens do to "deserve his shot"?
                  SO TELL US HOW the fight gonna be made?? we got hbo vs pbc thing, lara's coach say the not moving up soon and last of all is purse/money problem.

really is pointless to talk about this match-up, too many road block and too little money to be gained

Comment

It would be a horrible fight. Maybe they could they could do a race, run against each other, see who's faster. My money is on Lara.

Comment

Here is the reason

http://www.boxingscene.com/trainer-l...ving-up--97503

Comment

Working...
                      X