No announcement yet.

Canelo is a superstar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    If he's the goods, he will probably be the biggest star in the sport within a year. Bold statement on my part with Mayweather and Pac still around, but the only thing stopping the Alvarez train from boring ahead full steam is people like myself who aren't convinced yet.

If he beats Trout, I can't wait to see his first PPV. It could do surprisingly great numbers.
    That'll most likely happen.... I think that'll only happen while in JMW though.
    Who knows... maybe he can handle MW....Don't know which of the champions he beats though... if any

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      If he beats Trout, I can't wait to see his first PPV. It could do surprisingly great numbers.
      I agree. I believe a win will put Canelo into a category where most of his fights will be on PPV thereafter. I think his popularity has surprised even his promoters and management team with this match against Trout. He is gonna bring in a hell of a gate this weekend.

I'm sure Golden Boy & Showtime are dying for him to look great this weekend and crossover into PPV category. Not only for the revenue the PPV's bring, but to clear money in the regular Sho sports budget for the other roster of fighters in GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
        Agreed....Dont know y fans want him to fail so bad.
        Canelo can be a great ambassador for the sport. His looks alone catch the casuals attention. He's definitely a superstar because of his style and the way he's dispatched his opponents thus far. I don't think anyone wants to see him fail. People just want him to be challenged. Is that too much to as for?

Comment

Plus it's good for boxing, let's be real here. This isn't a sport where every year it's going to get massive ratings like the NFL or NBA for example. It needs a superstar, DLH was that guy in the 90's, Pac and Mayweather were those guys after 2000 and we need another, charismatic young face in the sport to elevate it to the next era.

Canelo has everything, we just don't know if he's the real deal. He's good but is he great? I think we find out and I'm about to put a straight G on the red headed Mexican.

Fuk it, I'm calling in the bet right now.

Comment

Fighters like Canelo make the sport fun. I know the hype and matchmaking can be frustrating but its best to just be patient and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Cuaha i also have a gut feeling canelo is not only gonna win but is spectacular fashion. Hes a hungry lion seeking get revenge for a family memeber

Comment

Boxing does need star's to survive in this day and age. In the 90's and even the first half of the 00's it was Oscar.

In the middle/late 00's and right now it's been Floyd and Manny.

I think after them it will be Alvarez and Broner.

Comment

IDK if I fully agree. Canelo is a star obviously but he's also Mexican and Pea is black. That matters for a ton of it. Boxing just isnt that big in the US compared to other Countries like Mexico and there are a ton of Mexican fans now in the US. There are alot more sports in the US now and boxing just isnt that special compared to the others unless you are a HW or maybe a MW.

Comment

Hopefully when he becomes a superstar he fights the best and gives us the fights that we all want to see.

Comment

I don't get the random sweet pea comparision but Canelo is a rising star. Hes not a Superstar yet.

He has the stage to do something special Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                      X