Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why VADA is more trustworthy than USADA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you asking questions then answering them yourself or what?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      USADA's only obligation is to Golden Boy. Nowhere in the USADA contracts does it even mention the athletic commissions.
      http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-bo...ement-part-one
      Max boxing are ******ed, USADA cannot stop or cancel a fight. And Max boxing cannot be trusted due to their affiliation with Arum and their opposition towards testing in the past and towards GBP. facts are USADA does the testing and the rest is up to GBP the promoter and the commission of whichever state that is sanctioning the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        They stopped working with VADA because they DIDN'T TELL the promoter OR the Las Vegas Commission until it was too late to save the show. In other words, they sat on the information that Peterson tested positive for weeks, which then cost Golden Boy a lot of money in cancelling that event because the cancellation insurance does not cover financial losses due to a fighter testing positive for a banned substance. If they would have notified all parties the moment Peterson tested positive, the show would have likely been saved. Nobody wanted to face Khan on less than two weeks notice.
        And there you have the truth. Thank you. Unfortunately rabid pac fans, who probably arent actually fans of the sport wont listen/care. They have an agenda and the facts be damned. They are going to push it period. Pesky facts be damned!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          USADA cannot stop or cancel a fight.
          I agree, but what does that have to do with the quote? The point is that USADA has no obligation to tell the commission because it's not written in the contract. How is the commission supposed to stop a fight if they aren't told by USADA?

But the commission itself is also pretty guilty though. They didn't cancel the fight even after they found out.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-22-2013, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Exactly. Vada catches cheats. Usada covers cheats.

Comment

USADA is very shady, nothing more shady then the Winky-Quillin situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
                And there you have the truth. Thank you. Unfortunately rabid pac fans, who probably arent actually fans of the sport wont listen/care. They have an agenda and the facts be damned. They are going to push it period. Pesky facts be damned!
                And topic isn't even about Pac vs Floyd. OP is asking which is more trust worthy? And for the record Pac did not choose VADA. He said no test. Maybe you also belong with the people you criticize as not actually fans of the sport.

Comment

all of my heroes are on the gas.

boxing is going to be like many of the other professional sports that were found out to be very dirty.

if blood and urine are frozen they can be tested many years down the line, when the newest drugs drugs of our current era are finally something for which tests exist. i'm starting to think you'll find all types of stuff in everybody's blood. i think the "strength and conditioning coaches" are the guys bringing them into the sport. conte, heredia, ariza

usada has a bad track record in it's short tenure in boxing, and an even worse reputation in other sports.

vada was developed and founded with victor conte working as one of its advisors. at the very least conte will have an easier time getting around its testing.
                  Last edited by New England; 02-22-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

At least we have moved away from the "USADA is a puppet organization run by Floyd to make Pacmen test dirty!" period of idiocy. I don't care which organization does the testing, they're both ok in my book for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      keep in mind that test was done in press conference and was only reported positive a week before the fight almost 2 months later
                      The test was done at the press conference? Do you know the difference between taking samples and testing them at the lab? Did you even read what I typed?

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      How can you know whether or not an organisation is truly trustworthy, if you are looking at it from the outside? There could be so many inner workings that only the elites know about. The facts you used are cool and all, but really that isn't enough to call them trustworthy.
                      I never said they were 100% trustworthy I said they were more trustworthy than another organization, because that other organization has done some shady **** but they haven't (as far as I know).

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      They stopped working with VADA because they DIDN'T TELL the promoter OR the Las Vegas Commission until it was too late to save the show. In other words, they sat on the information that Peterson tested positive for weeks, which then cost Golden Boy a lot of money in cancelling that event because the cancellation insurance does not cover financial losses due to a fighter testing positive for a banned substance. If they would have notified all parties the moment Peterson tested positive, the show would have likely been saved. Nobody wanted to face Khan on less than two weeks notice.
                      They didn't tell GBP because GBP didn't sign the contract (that VADA sent them) to receive the information in case of a positive result on the A sample. Once the B sample came back positive too, that's when everybody got notified. VADA simply followed their protocol.

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      vada was developed and founded with victor conte working as one of its chief advisors. at the very least conte will have an easier time getting around its testing.
                      Then how come Berto got popped?
                      Last edited by Light_Speed; 02-22-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X