Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Don King Praises IBF For Agbeko-Mares Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he doesn't want his guy to stay inactive on the shelf?
    good to hear
    Agbeko will get revenge

Comment

Originally posted by WombBat View Post
      Mares will win the rematch, and people will still b!tch
      People dont mind if Mares will win the rematch, the important is fairplay, no hitting balls, i could say that cheating with the referee. This time ill sayAgbeko will knock Mares out

Comment

If there was anything that could make me change my mind, it would be Don King agreeing with me.

That said I want to see a rematch. I just wish King would go away...

Comment

Originally posted by g24fella View Post
          When refs and judges mess up or when fighters cheat, the decision should be changed to a no contest. It is unfair to get a horrible decision, an incompetent ref, or fight a fighter who is using steroids or loaded gloves and have the loss remain on your record.
          good post............add in if a fighter is obviously ducking............

Comment

Good point but did Russell Mora mess , or was it more??? I'll go w/not mess up as he's been around too long too let all those low blows get by him...someone was sitting on his shoulder...

Comment

excellent

good for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by g24fella View Post
                When refs and judges mess up or when fighters cheat, the decision should be changed to a no contest. It is unfair to get a horrible decision, an incompetent ref, or fight a fighter who is using steroids or loaded gloves and have the loss remain on your record.
                Overturned yes, but a NC is not meant for a fight that went a full 12 rds. I think an NC varies slightly from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but usually covers a fight that goes no more than 3 to 4 rds. In this case an NC is off the table, but maybe a ND (no decision) could come into play but highly doubtful.

Immediate rematch is the way to go as it also parlays or double downs the money going into the fighters' pockets...and keeps Vegas Booking intact without having to issue credits, refunds etc.
                Last edited by tomatocantender; 08-17-2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X