Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Hopkins rank p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People wanting to put froch ahead of bhop aren't accounting for the kessler loss and some other bhop performances. It's not just the pascal win last night that ranks him pfp. He probably never should have been dropped, even for the jocal loss considering that jocal is (sorry daggum) a great fighter wit a very difficult style to figure out. I'm guilty of underrating Hopkins pfp wise because of inactivity too and he's my favorite damn fighter.

Comment

There is no way BH is top 10 p4p. Anyone who gets a draw with Pascal isnt a top 10 p4p fighter.

Of course if age was taken into consideration then BH would be king of the world, but we cant give CHARITY points for age here.
      BH has one of the best resumes of any current fighter, but that dont make him the best fighter p4p at this moment in time.
      If Sergio drew with Pascal no one would think much of sergio and he certainly wouldnt be no2 in the world.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 05-22-2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Pac
        Martinez
        Hopkins
        JMM
        Nonito
        Wlad
        Jorge Arce
        Bradley
        Ward
        Vitali

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          There is no way BH is top 10 p4p. Anyone who gets a draw with Pascal isnt a top 10 p4p fighter.

Of course if age was taken into consideration then BH would be king of the world, but we cant give CHARITY points for age here.
          BH has one of the best resumes of any current fighter, but that dont make him the best fighter p4p at this moment in time.
          If Sergio drew with Pascal no one would think much of sergio and he certainly wouldnt be no2 in the world.

shut the **** up please.......

I honestly didnt know he came off the P4P list even after the Taylor losses he was on the list... The close JC figth shouldnt have moved him much... he's been in my top 9 since the Trinidad fight

Comment

If BH was a top ten p4p fighter he should have been overwhelming favourite against Pascal, as Pascal isnt a top ten fighter.

The fact that he wasnt favoured to beat Pascal what does that tell you? And even then if BH beats Pascal, how does that suddenly make him a top 10 p4p on the basis of beating someone who wasnt top ten p4p in Pascal, and BH was supposed to lose to Pascal also.

Having said that i think he deserves to be rated highly p4p on the basis i think he is underated by the people who predict him to lose all the time. Why should people think he would lose to a chump like Pascal.
            Last edited by hugh grant; 05-22-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

top 4 above jmm...

Comment

I have him at Number 2, right after Martinez.

Comment

In my opinion, Bernard Hopkins should be Number 2 on the P4P list.

Breaking a record like winning a legitimate World title at 46 years old and competing against the elite fighters of today are to be respected.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    If BH was a top ten p4p fighter he should have been overwhelming favourite against Pascal, as Pascal isnt a top ten fighter.

The fact that he wasnt favoured to beat Pascal what does that tell you?
                    that the oddsmakers are stupid? Oscar de la hoya was a favorite to beat pacquiao, what does that tell you? that pacquiao shouldn't have been on the P4P list?

Your logic is ******ed and flawed.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      I have him at Number 2, right after Martinez.
                      This ****ing guy, lmao!!

Comment

Working...
                      X