Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That exercise that Kelly Pavlik does with the tire, is it fun?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That exercise that Kelly Pavlik does with the tire, is it fun?

I've done that before while working at a construction job but it was me breaking concrete with a sledge hammer. It was fun, so do you think its fun to hit a giant tire with one? Also, one more question. How many boxers do this type of training? I know that J-Taylor did it to before, not sure if he was copying off Pavliks training regimen or if J-Taylor also trained like this too.

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
    I've done that before while working at a construction job but it was me breaking concrete with a sledge hammer. It was fun, so do you think its fun to hit a giant tire with one? Also, one more question. How many boxers do this type of training? I know that J-Taylor did it to before, not sure if he was copying off Pavliks training regimen or if J-Taylor also trained like this too.

it looks hard work but it must be effective

Comment

A lot of boxers do that training, Oscar De La Hoya used to do that. De La Hoya also used to chop wood I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by P.WILL View Post
        A lot of boxers do that training, Oscar De La Hoya used to do that. De La Hoya also used to chop wood I believe.
        Is it more intense then breaking concrete with the sledge-hammer then it is hitting a tire or no one knows? Because I don't know, I know its fun as hell to break concrete with a sledge hammer though, a real work-out but I love working out!

Comment

great for your upper back and lats, very effective.

Comment

The tire he is using in that pic looks a little small to me. Pavlik must have been hitting it all over the lawn. Its hard to get one of those big tires they cost a lot of money I think. You can hit just about anything with a sledge hammer or a splitting maul. But its nice to have something that gives a bit like a tire. I have used a splitting maul on logs and dead trees. Or you can just swing into the ground.

Comment

I have a big ass tire in my backyard that I use every now and then with the sledge-hammer. It is a very fun workout to do with the sledgehammer. I like to hit the tire in one stance, let the sledgehammer bounce back up, and then switch to the other stance. It is a good workout for the back and shoulders and the legs, if you squat down to really generate power. The pictures recently posted on Pavlik through an article, on here, also provide cool ideas for working out.

Man, I want to start working out again. All I do, however, is run and my boxing workout. My boxing workout consists of 5 rounds of the following things: heavy bag, double end bag, speed bag, and horizontal cable to practice bobbing and weaving and shadow boxing. After I do my boxing workout I go out for a 2 mile run. I am trying to build my endurance back up to running 4-5 miles a day. I would also like to start skipping rope as part of my boxing workout.

Comment

I've done the exercise and I like it.

Comment

Working...
                X