Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, does Froch stand a chance against Abraham?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't consider it unreasonable that Froch could go the distance with Arthur... Howard Eastman did. Though Eastman did have a considerable beard in more ways than one, of course.

I wonder how many of you that assess Carl's skills have seen more than two of his fights?

I'm curious as to how slow Froch is, actually... though he IS slow, I don't think he's been flattered by having back-to-back fights with speedsters.

Comment

Froch gets KOed and early.

Comment

i think it might depend on how froch does against mikkel and whats at stake for him, if he beats mikkel i can see him doing better against AA because he will be more relaxed, he won't push the fight and make mistakes. however i dont think froch will beat mikkel and i think that qualifying for the second rnd will come down to this fight for both these guys.

AA is the more polished fighter without doubt, he has the better defence, concentrates his attack on danger area and is more patient. however his habit of covering up could work against him for some rnds and if the fights in england that won't be good. but i think he will beat froch possibly even by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          I don't consider it unreasonable that Froch could go the distance with Arthur... Howard Eastman did. Though Eastman did have a considerable beard in more ways than one, of course.

I wonder how many of you that assess Carl's skills have seen more than two of his fights?

I'm curious as to how slow Froch is, actually... though he IS slow, I don't think he's been flattered by having back-to-back fights with speedsters.
          I don't think speed has any factor in the Froch-Abraham fight. Both will go forward, both will throw punches. Froch will be too open, and get hit a lot. No one can take too many Abraham punches before going down, Froch will go down.

Comment

Froch will beat abraham imo

Comment

AA KO's froch brutally. Bad match up for him.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                I love to see ******s quoting Floyd
                red K me....

Comment

Froch has significant height and reach advantages, and he CAN box when he wants to; so if he gets behind his jab (which is a good one WHEN he uses it!) he can keep AA outside. If he stands and trades, however, I can see him getting dropped. Froch has a decent chin, though, and his head clears quickly when he gets tagged with big stuff, so he could well rise from the deck to win as he did against Taylor. (Would probably be a decision over AA though.)

It will be interesting.

Comment

Time to remove the smokescreens...

It amazes me how people overrate AA's wild caveman hooks as some sort of Nuclear Bombs and his defence as some sort of Mayweather like minded genius.

Whether you like Crotch, if he hits, he hurts this applies to AA aswell.

If Froch lands and gets AA against the rope and lands the combos he can win via KO.

Any one punch from either guy can change the momentum.

Froch will be coming forward and forward, not taking a step back, this is when AA does nothing and becomes a punching bag, which Dirrell was avoiding for 12 rounds against Froch.

I think Kessler will most likely beat Froch anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcyani View Post
                      Time to remove the smokescreens...

It amazes me how people overrate AA's wild caveman hooks as some sort of Nuclear Bombs and his defence as some sort of Mayweather like minded genius.

Whether you like Crotch, if he hits, he hurts this applies to AA aswell.

If Froch lands and gets AA against the rope and lands the combos he can win via KO.

Any one punch from either guy can change the momentum.

Froch will be coming forward and forward, not taking a step back, this is when AA does nothing and becomes a punching bag, which Dirrell was avoiding for 12 rounds against Froch.

I think Kessler will most likely beat Froch anyhow.
                      But Abraham can take a better punch than Froch. Also, a big reason Abraham could never come out of his shell against Dirrell is because of how quick Dirrell was firing off those punches. Froch isn't nearly as fast with his punches, the openings would be far easier to exploit for Abraham.

Comment

Working...
                      X