Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Will Wilder Fight Somebody With a Pulse!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Wilder can get better though, if he makes an effort to, and fights high opposition, which would put him in positions to learn.
    maybe. fury went from very hard to watch to developing some solid boxing skills but he was also in his early 20s... deontay is 30, a real transormation seems unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Bo Peep View Post
      maybe. fury went from very hard to watch to developing some solid boxing skills but he was also in his early 20s... deontay is 30, a real transormation seems unlikely
      How was Fury ever hard to watch? He was less polished in his early fights, but he has always been straight entertainment, and he loves to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        How was Fury ever hard to watch? He was less polished in his early fights, but he has always been straight entertainment, and he loves to fight.
        I don't think he was talking about his entertainment value so much as his skill level. Fury really has come on leaps and bounds from the sloppy brawler who was going life and death with McDoughnut back in the day. It's astounding to behold. Probably the biggest improvement I've ever seen a boxer make in my time watching the sport.

Comment

Stiverene was a good win.

Comment

Technically he did with Malik Scott... the clear gap between Scott and the previous opposition is pretty damn wide.

HW doesn't have that much depth. Scott still on the low end, but previous opposition abysmal compared to Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              Technically he did with Malik Scott... the clear gap between Scott and the previous opposition is pretty damn wide.

HW doesn't have that much depth. Scott still on the low end, but previous opposition abysmal compared to Scott.
              Surely Stiverene is considered a top level guy?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Stiverene was a good win.
                I think both Stiverne and Scott were good wins (assuming the Scott fight wasn't a dive). Duhaupas wasn't as bad as many were making out, just very unknown. Szpilka will be a decent enough opponent, though one Wilder shouldn't get much credit for considering his current standing in the division.

Wilder's at least progressed from the Bronco Billy Wright level of opposition he was known for earlier in his career. That's something to be thankful for.
                Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 12-31-2015, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Scott was before Stiverne, wasn't he?

Comment

Oh yea, I mean that's when he started though, with Scott IMO. Everyone after him were levels above opposition wise. So Scott, Stiverne, Molina, Dunlap and Szpilka.

IMO, HW isn't that deep yet, but they now have talent rising in the division to get excited about.
                    Molina/Dunlap aren't outstanding, but compared to Wilder's early comp pre-Scott, they'd most likely smash them

Like some of them were 40 year old retired fighters or, IIRC, Civic teachers and bread makers... or Brick Layer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
                      I think both Stiverne and Scott were good wins (assuming the Scott fight wasn't a dive). Duhaupas wasn't as bad as many were making out, just very unknown. Szpilka will be a decent enough opponent, though one Wilder shouldn't get much credit for considering his current standing in the division.

Wilder's at least progressed from the Bronco Billy Wright level of opposition he was known for earlier in his career. That's something to be thankful for.
                      I agree with you on all points.

I'm just dying to see Fury vs Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X