Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Drops, Dominates Postol To Unify Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unless pac is completely over the hill, I don't think Crawford is busy enough to beat pacquaio. Crawfords defense is good. But he hasn't fought an offensively skilled fighter on pacs level since Gamboa who gave him his toughest fight .

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
      I think Crawford could be a 147lber in a years time anyway and yeah the opposition would be a lot tougher , but he was bang on the weight at 140 with not an ounce of fat on him...him vs brook,thurman and spence would be fantastic fights ...at 140lb he's gonna be hard to beat and there's not that many challenges at that weight...part of me wants to see him get KTFO because he's such a arrogant f@cker when he know's he's got ur number ...but most great fighters have that trait
      ODH wasn't! GGG either. NOR

Chocolatito
      Ward
      Kovalev

Hell Even Floyd was decent in the end and respected talk GREAT about his opponents. And why he doesn't like Broner really anymore...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
        Unless pac is completely over the hill, I don't think Crawford is busy enough to beat pacquaio. Crawfords defense is good. But he hasn't fought an offensively skilled fighter on pacs level since Gamboa who gave him his toughest fight .
        Yeah but Pac isn't the same kind of fighter that he was. He only fights in spurts now and isn't nearly as explosive. His punches don't seem to have the same effect as they used to. Plus we just saw that Crawford can move and can stay away from trouble if needed. Plus we know Pacquiao hates fighters who move well. Pacquiao can't cut off the ring to save his life and he gets frustrated and gets off his game plan. I'd give the edge to Crawford. Crawford actually thinks in there. Crawfords just all wrong for Pacquiao. He'll make him look bad. If Pacquiao wants to go out with a win, he should fight Porter. Someone who'll sit there and trade with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          ODH wasn't! GGG either. NOR

Chocolatito
          Ward
          Kovalev

Hell Even Floyd was decent in the end and respected talk GREAT about his opponents. And why he doesn't like Broner really anymore...
          Don't edit my words shadow....all I'm saying is most great fighters have that nasty streak and they can utterly embarrass you when they are beating you...Duran was like that,Leonard,Ali,Tyson ,Lewis, hagler and Benitez ....Crawford is arrogant when he knows he's gonna beat you and as I said most of the greats have that hidden arrogant winner inside them....Crawford did give postol credit after but it's the WA he manhandles them in the ring which shows his hunger and arrogance

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Just a dominant performance by Crawford.

He is the best 140 pounder in the world. If Pacquiao doesn't want it then maybe TC can unify all the belts against Eduard Troyanovsky and Ricky Burns (who he already whipped.)

Or he can move up to 147 and go after some of the interesting names there. Thurman, Garcia, Bradley, Brook.

The young man has a bright future.

Highly skilled fighter shoulder and could see him in a years time being a force to be reckoned with if he moves up to weltwerweight ...he has it all, speed,footwork,counter punching even when moving back and much much more......I think he's gonna go along way IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
              Highly skilled fighter shoulder and could see him in a years time being a force to be reckoned with if he moves up to weltwerweight ...he has it all, speed,footwork,counter punching even when moving back and much much more......I think he's gonna go along way IMO
              Yes, he looks to be the goods and should be around for a long time to come.

It's fun to watch the next generation of boxing stars emerge.

Comment

• Postol didn't have the right pigment

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  What a pathetic performance by both guys. Punch stats were complete bullisht, they exaggerated the output of both fighters to make this look like it was a fight. Postol landed maybe 20 punches all night, Crawford landed maybe 50. Postol could not take a single punch clean, and showed why old Matthysse was kicking his ass and outboxing him until he re-injured his eye. Unfortunately that circumstance allowed unwarranted hype to be put behind Postol, setting up the Crawford hype train to run full steam ahead after beating an extremely basic fighter.

I've never seen a fighter run like that. I miss Floyd. Even Lara vs Canelo, Lara did the exact same thing, run laps around the ring, but he at least stung Canelo with 4-6 clean lefts down the pipe per round. Crawford would just ambush Postol with one shot to start a round, which Postol fell for like an amateur, then run laps and juke like a running back without throwing the next 90 seconds any time Postol got close, then juke into one punch after Postol had no choice but to overextend after 90 seconds of chasing a marathon runner if he wanted to make any action, and then kill the clock for the rest of the round. Most of these rounds were 2 punches to 1, 3 punches to 2 or 1, at best 4-5 punches. Least action I've ever seen in a prize fight.

It's like HBO and their defensive fighters use the same joint gameplan to con boxing fans every time. It's always the same script.

Hype up a basic opponent with neither elite power or speed, who has never beat a good boxer and only fought the opposite style, as some world beater? Check.

When the defensive fighter still can't do anything but run and out-potshot the basic fighter by a punch or two per round, talk incessantly about what a virtuoso display it is? Check.

Crawford even pulled the exact Floyd Mayweather at the end. After running for 11 rounds, getting booed, he acts like he's finally going to show a little something to the crowd, and acts tough for all of 15 seconds exchanging, until he gets caught once by a punch that isn't even that great, and then all of a sudden the tough guy act turns 180 degrees into a "you can't hit me while I run look at me taunting you act!" that is pure salesmanship, but the HBO crew always hypes up like "see how he's running and taunting to try to trick everyone into realizing he's not running? That means he's super confident and a virtuoso! Floyd did dat too!!!!! That means he's amazing!"

And the final cherry on top that these defensive fighters who avoid engaging always add to the spectacle? They're always asked simple questions in the post fight interviews, "do you want the super fight now since you haven't fought a top opponent ever?" and instead of just saying yes, hell yeah, bring it on next! they always pull a Canelo "well I'll talk to my team. But I'll fight anyone! Just don't want to mention anyone by name, especially the guy you just asked me about that everyone wants to see me fight. But I'll fight anyone!"

And then Jim Lampley, coordinating his spin with the post fight interview avoidance just like he did with the whole fight, tries to downplay the fight happening next, on cue, because we learned from May-Pac that marinating Pacquiao fights at age 37 is great for boxing!

The whole charade was a joke. Crawford's speed, foot speed, and two-handed punching are elite. He has the tools but that performance was a joke. Postol, what can you say, Crawford ran all night so the only way he could get to him was to overextend, and Crawford is twice as fast and twice as powerful as him, so that wasn't an option either. He was constantly jabbing three feet in the air over Crawford's head, and Crawford didn't even have to duck. He showed all he knows how to do is throw the 1-2, he had zero punch selection and no snap in his left hook. Had no left uppercut at all. Just not a natural boxer which explains why he made brawler Lucas Matthysse look like SRL until he caught no-head-movement Matthysse in the eye and reinjured it. Otherwise Matthysse would have won and we would have gotten a much better fight tonight.

But, that's how boxing has been for an entire decade. Nothing goes how it's supposed to. That's because even if Matthysse would have won, then they probably just wouldn't have made the fight right now, because Arum knows Postol is much more limited. Bob views these fighters as his last few "investments" I think and he's not putting a single one of them in any fight where the hype for the opponent does not exceed that opponent's abilities by a factor of 100.

You got this HBO crap on one side, PBC on the other... boxing is a mess. Kovalev-Ward is boxing's only hope this year. But it's boxing so that won't happen either I bet.
                  White man loses, BL starts hating nothing to see here folks

Comment

• Terrible fight by Postol. Conspiracies aside, Postol just didn't let his hands go like he should have. Even when it was apparent that he needed the KO, he wouldn't let his hands go. Who cares if you get hit?!...a KO was the only way he was winning, but he backs away from a willing Crawford standing in the center of the ring?! What an idiot.

Comment

• Accoding to GGG fanboy logic, Crawford's priorities should now be Eduard Troyanovsky and a Ricky Burns rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X