Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What weight division interests you most?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post

Stop it.
    Tongue in cheek a little but I suggest you do a little bit of reading on Roberto Duran and what kind of a street fighter he was lol......no buddy there's more interest in the the golovkins,canelos,mayweathers and pacquaio than there is of the furys and klitchkos of this world ...fact

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
      Tongue in cheek a little but I suggest you do a little bit of reading on Roberto Duran and what kind of a street fighter he was lol......no buddy there's more interest in the the golovkins,canelos,mayweathers and pacquaio than there is of the furys and klitchkos of this world ...fact
      I know who Roberto Duran is mate lol.

But saying that he'd KO a 6ft9 man mountain like Tyson Fury is just laughable.

Worldwide then yeah possibly, because countries like Mexico only have small fighters to support. However in the important countries like the UK and America, the HW's always come first.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
        I know who Roberto Duran is mate lol.

But saying that he'd KO a 6ft9 man mountain like Tyson Fury is just laughable.

Worldwide then yeah possibly, because countries like Mexico only have small fighters to support. However in the important countries like the UK and America, the HW's always come first.
        I don't think he could but if there's any man I would not want to fight in the street it's gonna be Duran ..absolute wrecking machine he was...if he can knock a horse out he can knock a mere mortal out lol ....p4p Durans the man ...the question was what's the best division ...and most would say middleweights or welterweights because of the skill and fitness on display....money is with the big men we know this but were not talking about money or media.....I'm talking what's the best division for sheer skill....and listen I'm one of those guys that actually travelled to New York and Vegas to see Lennox Lewis face Holyfield .....but it all depends on whose fighting in reality.....it's always been the fighter that brings the excitement not the division there in

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
          For me, personally I like heavyweight clashes because I like seeing K.O's although they can be brutal and dreadful to watch but it shows the strength of a big man.

I used to think boxing was all about heavyweights until the media had hyped smaller weight divisions for example like Mayweather and so on.

From there on, I figured out it's not just about heavyweights, you can see class and other abilities from smaller weight divisons. "A fight is a fight."

What weight classes interest you?
          130lbs sfw

Comment

Middleweight down to Bantamweight.

Never got the appeal with Heavyweights. Most of them are just fat guys that brawl and gas after like the 3rd round.

The last Heavyweight that was impressive to me was Tyson.

Comment

In no particular order...

147, 130, 112, Heavy, 168, 126, 122, 115, 160, 175, 154

damn near all of them I guess you can say, what kind of question is this for a boxing fan anyway?
              Last edited by BOXEO _; 01-28-2016, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Most divisions have potential, but for me, fights at 130 and 154 are on my radar atm. If people will fight. At 130 any combination of Uchiyama/Fortuna/Pedraza/Walters/Vargas with the possibility of Loma and Gamboa getting into the fray. That makes me drool. The whole top ten at 130 is pretty much stacked.

At 154 you have Lara/Andrade/Charlo twins/J-Rock/Smith/ and Trout. Not quite as deep as 130 but still some great matchups. Plus I'm a bit biased with Andrade being my favorite fighter.

Comment

i like good fights. not going to discriminate all that much, but it's obvious that talent in men goes down once you get to the baby sized guys. the sweet spot for me is around 122-175 in contemporary boxing. CW usually sucks.

HW is an odd weight class. i really think it's heating up, but i'll need a year or two of these guys fighting each other and not sucking [povetkin - klitschko, klitschko - fury, etc,] for me to call the division the hottest in boxing.

as it looks, i think HW might be the division getting all of the attention in years to come.

Comment

Mostly 140, 147, 160, and 175.

Comment

Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
                      I'd say Welterweight to Middleweight. Maybe I'm biased because I became interested in the sport within the past decade and that's where a lot of the action has been going on in terms of major fights (Mayweather, Pacquiao, ODH, Cotto, Canelo, etc.). I like those weight classes because the guys are big enough to bang but small enough where there's speed and flashy combo's being thrown, mixed in with the possibility of a high activity rate.
                      This is the best answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X