No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Explains Why He Picked Bradley over Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez

Marquez is a master boxer! However his counter-punch style didn't do well in the 1st 3 fights. In fight #3, you could tell that he was effective when initiating the action, but he does it to rarely. That being said, the KO was NOT a lucky punch. He attempted that punch at least twice before it landed. The offer of $13 million was disrespectful! He earned at least a 60/40 deal after that KO. Good luck with Bradley!

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
      People calling it a lucky punch are ignorant.

It's not a counter punch though. It is just a beautifully executed well timed right. As Pacquiao comes in, step left and *boom* but it's not a counter. Pacquiao hasn't thrown first - if anything, he's about to throw.

So Pacquiao fights him 3 times, knocks him down 4 times, and still fights him again...

Marquez talks about honor. It's interesting to hear his definition of honor. His definition is not honor, it's pride, and that's totally different.

"I won by KO therefore I don't need another fight." He's proud of the end result, that's fine.

However, the honorable thing would be to give the guy a rematch, since he gave you 2 rematches after getting wins. And don't cry about the judging, no fight was a robbery, they were all close as hell.

Even this fight was close, ironically. But for the knockdown in the 3rd and the knock out, it was a really one sided fight and Marquez was getting his face peeled off. In the 6th, they were talking about how much longer before Marquez's corner put an end to it.

I can respect the choice of Bradey as an opponent though I really think Marquez should give Pacquiao the chances that Pacquiao gave him. It is the honorable thing to do.

However, given the way Marquez talks, it is clear he's not an honorable man but a proud man.
      This right here^^^

Comment

Marquez was a winner in all fights only in his delusional mind. He won by KO and that's it!

Comment

i think it would be a boring fight but nonetheless a GREAT choice of Marquez. From the bottom, i would love to see a rematch with pac but on a real note, i would rather see Marquez be the first Mexican to be awarded that 5. Legeacy will live on while your body is decayed. Hope you capture that title come sept.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
            People calling it a lucky punch are ignorant.

It's not a counter punch though. It is just a beautifully executed well timed right. As Pacquiao comes in, step left and *boom* but it's not a counter. Pacquiao hasn't thrown first - if anything, he's about to throw.

So Pacquiao fights him 3 times, knocks him down 4 times, and still fights him again...

Marquez talks about honor. It's interesting to hear his definition of honor. His definition is not honor, it's pride, and that's totally different.

"I won by KO therefore I don't need another fight." He's proud of the end result, that's fine.

However, the honorable thing would be to give the guy a rematch, since he gave you 2 rematches after getting wins. And don't cry about the judging, no fight was a robbery, they were all close as hell.

Even this fight was close, ironically. But for the knockdown in the 3rd and the knock out, it was a really one sided fight and Marquez was getting his face peeled off. In the 6th, they were talking about how much longer before Marquez's corner put an end to it.

I can respect the choice of Bradey as an opponent though I really think Marquez should give Pacquiao the chances that Pacquiao gave him. It is the honorable thing to do.

However, given the way Marquez talks, it is clear he's not an honorable man but a proud man.
            I think you make a very good argument. Lets think back for a second...
            Lets think about the aftermath of the 2nd and 3rd fight...
            Why did Manny give Marquez a 4th fight?

Comment

Originally posted by JeanGrey View Post
              i think it would be a boring fight but nonetheless a GREAT choice of Marquez. From the bottom, i would love to see a rematch with pac but on a real note, i would rather see Marquez be the first Mexican to be awarded that 5. Legeacy will live on while your body is decayed. Hope you capture that title come sept.
              actually, what would be fun to see though i doubt it, is Tim winning the fight and getting rob at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by zzat View Post
                I think you make a very good argument. Lets think back for a second...
                Lets think about the aftermath of the 2nd and 3rd fight...
                Why did Manny give Marquez a 4th fight?
                because Manny said it himself...none of the other fights clearly has a winner and all were close. the 4th fight was to solidify the true winner.

Comment

KTFOing Pac in the 4th fight doesn't rewrite history and mean that he actually one the first 3.

JMM is free to fight whoever he wants, but bradley is all wrong for JMM, just like Chris John was all wrong for JMM. But if he gets those Memo power pellets, he could brutally KTFO bradley too, considering Bradley was out on his feet against Ruslan

Comment

Observation

Boxing sport its a sport of individual observation!

Some think Marquez won all of the last 3 fights others think he did not...and We will never agree on it at all.

However! When some one tells me that it was a lucky punch? Thats when the real boxing fans come on top and you know who knows there boxing business.

1st lets understand one thing, a ko punch its never planned, it just comes with the iopportunities when you make you opponent miss and then you counter. marquez its the best counter puncher there is, aside from Floyd!

Marquez had bein timing Pacquiao over and over, how else you think he put him down on the 3rd round?
                    Pacquiao its ver predictable and if you have been following his carrer look at the 1st Morales fight, and the way he beat him.

Dont diminish Marquez win with the luck punch deal, and if this is the case 99% of the time its better to be lucky than good!

Pacquiao in my opinion should not come back against a young lion like Rios, its too soon to face a though challenge like Rios!

Who know Pacquia might never be the same, I've been a boxing fan for 35 yrs and I can tell you that who ever suffers a ko like this will be more likely doomed for the rest of his career. 2 samples Duran and Cuevas against Tommy Hearns!

Comment

Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
                      Totally agree... BUT... Marquez, you were getting beat up bad & then that hail mary shot saved the day... I would love to see these two go at it for the 5th time... 2 fighters that gave all in the ring.
                      Yall forgot that Marquez dropped Pac 2rnds before he officially put him to sleep! It was a pretty even fight to me! Yes Pac came back and broke Marquez nose! So what! And the shot wasn't lucky! If u go back and watch the fight, Marquez was timing and hitting him with the same shot! He did it a couple of times, so I don't know why yall hating! And I do feel like he beat Pac in the 3rd fight! But why fight again if I just put u to sleep! Arum shouldn't have had them fighting again anyway! How many chances are u going to give someone to tknock u out!

Comment

Working...
                      X