No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs. Mares: Full Contract Details Are Revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    U do know what "no later than June 3rd" means rite? That definitely doesn't seem to be an issue unless u are grasping
    It says "not later than June 30th", and Donaire said a couple of "months" on either side of the expected birth time, not weeks.

Comment

• This contract was only made public because the Donaire v Rigondeaux fight has been officially announced and easily made. Let Mares give Darchinyan a return bout.:****block

Comment

• Originally posted by jlcelestine View Post
        Sponsor obligations? I'll give you that. So if that is the case, and the hang-up, then why would Donaire say that he didnt receive a contract? and say it was a simple letter? Why not say "i have contractual obligations with my sponsors"

This is a fight he has been begging for, and it is being offered to him, and the only thing he can say is "i didnt receive anything"? Who is really pulling the PR stunt? GBP freaking sent him a contract! If its a PR stunt then sign it and then sue them for not following through!

let's say he does sign it and he's in breach of a contract he has with tecate, for example. I don't know or really care who his sponsers are but just as an example.

who knows what penalties he'd have to pay (for example) tecate. so he can't really sign it or he might face a lawsuit. Arum should offer a counter offer, same contract with minor modifications then if Golden Boy rejects that then you'll know it's just a typical Golden Boy PR stunt.

but you're right not to trust Arum either. Miguel Cotto vs Sergio Martinez fell through over a similar situation. DiBella said of Arum "Bob is not interested in making the big fights, the best fights in any sitatuon where there is a co-promoter."

who knows what's really going on Golden Boy likes to grand stand and spin the public and Arum's probably worse. at the end of the day they are both promoters and it's a promoters job to lie his butt off and spin the fans on tales of BS.

I doubt Golden Boy or Arum are actually serious about any of this. in this case Golden Boy just wants to up Abner Mares profile at the expence of Arum. it's business not boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
          Is this Donaires wife? He sent the contract to Arums lawyer. You know, how they always do it? And you think Donaire could make 6 million when he just made 750k? Why would Top Rank offer Golden Boy one third of 3M for Mares services? You're an idiot shut up.
          Donaire is so out of the loop he thought he just received a letter. A letter. He denied they sent a real contract. That's a 13 page service provision and Donaire got owned by Golden Boy. Keep spinning **** all you want. Golden Boy tried WAY harder to make this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            It says "not later than June 30th", and Donaire said a couple of "months" on either side of the expected birth time, not weeks.
            And Mares is saying he would have fought in April. Did Top Rank go back and say lets work out a few small details and finalize this? No. Donaire lied and said they never received a contract. He was never even shown it. Yet Arum said they did receive one. You are a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
              Is this Donaires wife? He sent the contract to Arums lawyer. You know, how they always do it? And you think Donaire could make 6 million when he just made 750k? Why would Top Rank offer Golden Boy one third of 3M for Mares services? You're an idiot shut up.
              never read about an offer of 1M to mares from TR. anyway, i'm not sure what's mares is worth but he definitely is not as big as an attraction as donaire, altho both aren't on may-pac levels yet.

Comment

• Another thing to look at, why is TR so quiet about this or why don't they counter offer/call GBP's bluff?

Comment

• Go tell me what Donaire has made his last three fights on average. Ill wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                    Another thing to look at, why is TR so quiet about this or why don't they counter offer/call GBP's bluff?
                    If nonito is to be trusted they didn't even tell him they received a real offer!! They called Golden Boys bluff and LOST. Donaire was running his mouth on twitter and now he looks like an idiot. Talking about "don't get my wife angry" it's embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Nonito jumped the gun with his twitter war. He should have known that schaffaer isn't Bob "I was lying yesterday but telling the truth today" Arum. Well at least the GBP pressure on Arum has now made him make the Rigo fight, if not for the GBP pressure on Arum Nonito would probably be rematching Arce.
                      This post is silly, you didn't reason like you usually do. Surprising, because your posts are always good.

Comment

Working...
                      X