Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Ceeaser Chavez SR. Vs Juan Manuel Marquez...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
    Ok this post seals it your basically building you post on what you read off of boxrec. You clearly stated you know very little about him yet somehow claim to call him a cherry picker. Claim he was done at 34 , his 19th year as a pro yet he had no longevity. Obviously you've neer seen him fight so your opinion is worthless. If you had any knowledge of his career I would respect your opinion even if I didn't agree.
    You accuse me of checking boxrecs and that's fine. I mean who doesn't. You don't? Especially for somebody who started their career in the 80s with over 100 fight, get out of here or fall off your entitled horse. What, I should know everybody's record based on memory alone?

And then you keep talking about 15 years of age, 90 fights, 19 years pro.

Who the heck did he fight in his first 3,4 years? Yeah that's right, go look it up on boxrec!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
      Bro are you seriously trying to give me a history lesson on JMM's career? Take a look at my sig and user name.
      I know, I saw it that's why I am thinking you're arguing for the sake of arguing and not cause you actually believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        You accuse me of checking boxrecs and that's fine. I mean who doesn't. You don't? Especially for somebody who started their career in the 80s with over 100 fight, get out of here or fall off your entitled horse. What, I should know everybody's record based on memory alone?

And then you keep talking about 15 years of age, 90 fights, 19 years pro.

Who the heck did he fight in his first 3,4 years? Yeah that's right, go look it up on boxrec!
        There's nothing wrong with going through boxrec, but you can't base a strong opinion on a certain fighter based on that without actually studying a fighters career.

Boxrec doesn't show how skilled he was on the inside rolling punches or using head and waist movement to avoid shots. Neither does it explain how accurate a puncher he was. It definitely does no justice to his ATG chin and relentlessness. Chavez was a beast and would've been too much for Marquez and you can take that from a JMM stan.

Comment

I haven't seen much of Chavez Sr. Remember DLH tore him up silly. Perner made him look like a fool and against Meldrick he got lucky. Kostya tore him up...

I don't know why he is held in such a high regard. He beat a lot of nobodies, he did beat Roger Mayweather, whatever. Then Camacho and I don't know who else he beat.

His resume is **** compared to Marquez.
          All these matches you mentioned came when he was old.

Speaking of his opposition:
          "His 27 undefeated title fights and 36 total championship fights set boxing records"
          Jose Ramirez, Rosario, Ruben Castillo, Randall, Lockridge...

edit: I sugest you to watch his fights from 85 to early 90's, beside of whitaker being robbed against him.
          Last edited by StefanTosic; 05-21-2014, 10:23 PM.

Comment

I haven't seen much of Chavez Sr. Remember DLH tore him up silly. Perner made him look like a fool and against Meldrick he got lucky. Kostya tore him up...

I don't know why he is held in such a high regard. He beat a lot of nobodies, he did beat Roger Mayweather, whatever. Then Camacho and I don't know who else he beat.

His resume is **** compared to Marquez.

The measure of a good fighter is how they fight once they are past their prime like Pacman, JMM, Hopkins and Floyd.

Tyson, Roy Jones, Mosley, Barrera and Morales were great in their prime but as soon as they lost a little bit of speed, strength and punch resistance they were dominated.

JMM>JCC
            This is about the worst post I have ever seen...

Chavez was a great great fighter.. A virtual boxing machine, but of course those who actually watched him already know this

Comment

Marquez with acne kills chavez sr.

Comment

Working...
              X