No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury-Kevin Johnson Tops December 1 Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury-Kevin Johnson Tops December 1 Card

London - Tyson Fury will take a massive step towards a world title fight in 2013 when he meets Kevin ‘Kingpin’ Johnson at Belfast’s Odyssey Arena on December 1.

Tough American Johnson will come to Belfast to boost his own world title credentials again as he went the distance with WBC World heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko in 2009 but Fury says he will make his own statement to the world in their 12-round international contest.

Exciting unbeaten Fury expects 6ft 3’ Johnson, whose record reads 28 wins, two defeats and a draw, to be his hardest opponent to date and believes the fans at the Odyssey and those watching live on Channel 5 will be in for a real treat.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Johnson is pretty poor these days and offers next to nothing but a jab....which he seems to be able to throw about 25 times before being gassed.

Still, he's good enough to beat Fury.

Comment

Fury will win by decision.

Johnson will go into a defensive shell and fight only to survive, as he did against Vitali.

Comment

kevin johnson is a dangerous opponent...

he's big, can take a punch, has a long reach & has a sensational jab. he's a boxer not a brawler & he won't be pushed around by fury. B level fighter & is his best opponent since chisora. the tor hamer loss was in a 3 round prizefighter match. johnson is a slow starter & usually fights 10 rounds so that loss i don't take to seriously. johnson is the chris byrd of the 2000's. too big a risk with too little reward so he can't get good fights. this could set tyson fury back if he loses & this is not some tune-up fight. kevin johnson has some very good attributes that could be difficult for fury to handle. kevin johnson has lots to gain from a victory & it would put him back in the title picture with a win.

Comment

Johnson has never been KO'd so it'd be a decent statement if Tyson took him out

Comment

Johnson will pick Fury apart. I have an issue with anybody that almost knocks themselves out with their own punch. Something has to be missing to do that. And he didn't even see that punch coming, lol.
            Last edited by richardt; 11-12-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Nice fight!

Johnson should fancy himself! But I expect Tyson to edge it on points.

Comment

I was quite disappointed when fury v boystov was cancelled but seeing this fight signed up has really proven to me that Tyson is for real.Kevin Johnson can certainly have a good fight though,he lost in the prizefighter to tor hammer but had a really good win against Alex leapai earlier in the year and will no doubt be the best fighter Tyson has fought so far.for me I don"t think Tyson will stop Johnson but I see him winning this one on points.great matchup.

Comment

Bumfight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Fury will win by decision.

Johnson will go into a defensive shell and fight only to survive, as he did against Vitali.
                    I disagree Tunney. You know Johnson is no joke. And, Fury is not as good as 2009 Vitali, no way in hell he is. Fury is a solid guy, but I'd say Johnson has the speed and technical skill advantage. That 3 round "loss" to Tor Hamer in the Prizefighter holds no weight at all when you consider Johnson takes about 3 or 4 rounds to find his range and get his jab going, even Hamer admitted this in an interview. Right before the tournament as well, Johnson had dominated and stopped a decent gatekeeper in Leapai. So, by no means is this an easy fight for Fury.

And, there's just no way Fury is good enough to beat Johnson the way Vitali did. I predict that Fury has big issues with Johnson's jab and speed, and although Johnson isn't a huge puncher, he does have solid power, and given the fact Fury has shown a shaky chin in the past, I believe Johnson has enough power to not only gain Fury's respect, but hurt him as well. Tough fight to call, but I'm going to take Johnson by a somewhat close decision. (Unless he's robbed, which is possible.)

Comment

Working...
                    X