Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How man fighters fell victim to the Z?

Rest in peace, Junior Witter- there's a heaven for a G.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
      There are PLEANTY of logical reasons to believe in the God of the bible as the only true God.
      what's the point of god creating us in the first place?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironside View Post
        You are very right, I have argued countless times with those who are very faithful and never get straight answers from them. Simple questions like, How do you know he exists? Where's the proof? are always avoided.

Science as well as Faith now backs up the claims that this earth has a creator.
        Nothing can create itself. There had to have been a creator.
        Just like all of us, The trees, the Roads, the computer your typin on. EVERYTHING!

If there was not a creator, then who do you think brought us all into existence? Who do you think Provided us with Food and resources? iT COULDNT of just popped out of nothing...

Its getting ridiculous the debate that athiest organisations put forth against the claims of Christ and Christianity.. One day they release a documentary saying Jesus was just a normal person, next they say he had actual brothers and sisters and was not the only child of the Virgin mary, THEN they come up with a documentary alledging that he DOES NOT EXIST!!! ****ing make up your minds.... WHAT IS IT THAT YOU ARE ARGUING!

Its funny though, The greatest of Non believers Sir Charles Darwin died as a converted christian and another Head member of the United States Athiest movement also.
        Im not sure whether these people wanted to test the faith and contradict its foundations or simply just to make a name for themselves but fortunately they realised that there must have been a greater and higher being than man.

Guys, im tellin you this thing is for real and i hope that you stop immersing yourselves anti Christian propaganda which is sure to distance yourselves further from what is the truth..

And like i said earlier, If you dont believe in Biblical facts and historical accounts that Prove Christs teachings than make an effort to research Miracles, Demonic posessions, Incoruptible Saints that reaffirm Gods powers..

Comment

• Originally posted by DancinDestroyer View Post
          Just like all of us, The trees, the Roads, the computer your typin on. EVERYTHING!

If there was not a creator, then who do you think brought us all into existence? Who do you think Provided us with Food and resources? iT COULDNT of just popped out of nothing...

Guys, im tellin you this thing is for real and i hope that you stop immersing yourselves anti Christian propaganda which is sure to distance yourselves further from what is the truth..

And like i said earlier, If you dont believe in Biblical facts and historical accounts that Prove Christs teachings than make an effort to research Miracles, Demonic posessions, Incoruptible Saints that reaffirm Gods powers..
          There are scientific theories about creation and design, but the vast majority of science doesnt prove that there was or is a creator. If u look for it, there are scientific theories about almost every possible thing imaginable. But this is called pseudo science. There are arguments for and against creation, but that still must leave the idea of a God very questionable, and therefore how can anyone devote their lives to somthing that may or may not exist?

Im not a scientist therefore i wont attempt to argue science.
          And i am not trying to suggest there is no God. I am just trying to simply understand how it is possible for anyone to say the bible is THE word of God, when they havent researched all other avenues such as; ancient pre-biblical scripture, historical theology, biblical archeology, pre-biblical cultures beliefs and religions, astronomy that relates to the bible, ancient mythology, evolutionary biology, religious physchology, Henotheism, Ignosticism, Polytheism, Theodicy, Deism, Panentheism, Metaphysics, Unitarianism, Mysticism, and all manner of philosophy relating to the bible etc etc etc....

Surely before being so certain that your faith is the right one, and especially telling others that their faith or lack of faith is wrong, u must be an expert in all manner of religion and theology? And maybe that means looking at theories that suggest Christianity is not the truth. For u must hear the other side of the argument before strengthening ur own.

To say u believe in God based purely on faith is fine. The intangible feeling or belief there is a God cannot be disproven and doesnt rely on evidence. It is a personal and sacred experience.
          Although it could be explained through psychology and/or social and environmental factors, it should still be respected by all. And if u chose to leave ur faith unexamined then no one has a right to 'disprove' u.

My issue is only with those who believe it is their right to suggest a 'non-believer' needs to change in order to be accepted by God or suffer eternal and unimaginable punishment.

Personally i dont not know if there is a God or not and therefore would never insult anyone else, suggesting their beliefs are wrong. Mutual respect is too often replaced by ignorant judgement.
          Last edited by The Noose; 12-01-2007, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Pazuzu View Post
            There are scientific theories about creation and design, but the vast majority of science doesnt prove that there was or is a creator. If u look for it, there are scientific theories about almost every possible thing imaginable. But this is called pseudo science. There are arguments for and against creation, but that still must leave the idea of a God very questionable, and therefore how can anyone devote their lives to somthing that may or may not exist?

Im not a scientist therefore i wont attempt to argue science.
            And i am not trying to suggest there is no God. I am just trying to simply understand how it is possible for anyone to say the bible is THE word of God, when they havent researched all other avenues such as; ancient pre-biblical scripture, historical theology, biblical archeology, pre-biblical cultures beliefs and religions, astronomy that relates to the bible, ancient mythology, evolutionary biology, religious physchology, Henotheism, Ignosticism, Polytheism, Theodicy, Deism, Panentheism, Metaphysics, Unitarianism, Mysticism, and all manner of philosophy relating to the bible etc etc etc....

Surely before being so certain that your faith is the right one, and especially telling others that their faith or lack of faith is wrong, u must be an expert in all manner of religion and theology? And maybe that means looking at theories that suggest Christianity is not the truth. For u must hear the other side of the argument before strengthening ur own.

To say u believe in God based purely on faith is fine. The intangible feeling or belief there is a God cannot be disproven and doesnt rely on evidence. It is a personal and sacred experience.
            Although it could be explained through psychology and/or social and environmental factors, it should still be respected by all. And if u chose to leave ur faith unexamined then no one has a right to 'disprove' u.

My issue is only with those who believe it is their right to suggest a 'non-believer' needs to change in order to be accepted by God or suffer eternal and unimaginable punishment.

Personally i dont not know if there is a God or not and therefore would never insult anyone else, suggesting their beliefs are wrong. Mutual respect is too often replaced by ignorant judgement.
            Bobby, discussion with you is very pleasing and im thankful for the courtiousness throughout your responses.
            Im not goin to try to Hit non believers over the head and force them to do anything. Thats definitly not right.

However, ill just point point out that its kinda my duty to help others learn about Christ and his way of life.

I cant convince most people to become faithful in their lives via an internet forum, id be an idiot if i thought that. It takes patience, understanding and a sincere appreciation for one to become entrenched in their beliefs.

Personally, coming from a Catholic upbringing, i really do feel blessed to have the faith that i do and i know that now because after years of disbelieving i finally came to understand what the teachings of Christ & the Biblical scriptures (old and new testaments) actually mean.

In saying this, I'LL never judge anybody, cause who am i to know what others have had imposed on them in their lives. I just wish well on everybody man.

Comment

• Originally posted by DancinDestroyer View Post

Its getting ridiculous the debate that athiest organisations put forth against the claims of Christ and Christianity.. One day they release a documentary saying Jesus was just a normal person, next they say he had actual brothers and sisters and was not the only child of the Virgin mary, THEN they come up with a documentary alledging that he DOES NOT EXIST!!! ****ing make up your minds.... WHAT IS IT THAT YOU ARE ARGUING!

Its funny though, The greatest of Non believers Sir Charles Darwin died as a converted christian and another Head member of the United States Athiest movement also.
              Im not sure whether these people wanted to test the faith and contradict its foundations or simply just to make a name for themselves but fortunately they realised that there must have been a greater and higher being than man.

Again that just poses more questions than at answers. If nothing can create itself then who created the creator?

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                Again that just poses more questions than at answers. If nothing can create itself then who created the creator?
                Gives you a nose bleed just thinking about it

Comment

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
                  Gives you a nose bleed just thinking about it
                  Makes me trousersnake flacid just pondering it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRZ View Post
                    what's the point of god creating us in the first place?
                    To worship Him and glorify Him. It's all about Him, not selfish ambition. He DOES desire to bless you, but He will only bless those who will serve Him. Those who won't will be eternally cursed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                      Exactly, noone can answer the question where did god come from. Also, the difference between science and religion, science doesn't have proof of how universe was created, so they don't claim any of their theories to be true. Religion doesn't have proof of how universe was created, yet they claim their way is correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X