Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wish more fighters tried to become undisputed champion in their divisions like GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish more fighters tried to become undisputed champion in their divisions like GGG

Wlad was trying as well until Fury beat him, and now the IBF part has been taken away taking us back a step to get a unified champion. You've also got Kovalev trying but he just can't seem to get Stevenson to fight him. I wish more fighters wanted to have all the belts.

We haven't had a true undisputed champion since 2005 which is crazy with the talent we have today.

I do wonder if Floyd seriously considered unifying all 4 belts with Brook as number 49 before the WBO stripped him of the belt.

Comment

I just want more fighters to fight the best, not collect alphabet titles. We all know the top 10 ranking of alphabet titles are trash, so some times trash fighters get the titles, and then trash fighters are mandos for the title. If the best fight in the division just happens to be between to titleholders then fine.

Best fight at LHW is Ward vs Kovalev, not Kovalev vs the only other title holder Stevenson..but yeah then the winner can fight Stevenson if that fight can being made.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I just want more fighters to fight the best, not collect alphabet titles. We all know the top 10 ranking of alphabet titles are trash, so some times trash fighters get the titles, and then trash fighters are mandos for the title. If the best fight in the division just happens to be between to titleholders then fine.

Best fight at LHW is Ward vs Kovalev, not Kovalev vs the only other title holder Stevenson..but yeah then the winner can fight Stevenson if that fight can being made.
        Good post!...

Comment

WBO doesn't allow for unifications...

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
            WBO doesn't allow for unifications...
            I thought they don't allow WBA regular belts to be unified or else Rigo wouldn't have been able to hold the WBA/WBO along with Fury currently and Kovalev with IBF/WBA/WBO.

Doesn't make sense.

Comment

unification fights are far more interesting to me than catchweights/collecting titles in 20 divisions without ever defending them etc

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Nah, best fight at LHW is still Stevenson vs Kovalev even if Ward ends up being better than both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                  unification fights are far more interesting to me than catchweights/collecting titles in 20 divisions without ever defending them etc
                  That makes no sense. Unifications literally mean nothing when there are 5 or more champions in each division, all of varying quality. Then throw in pointless mandatories and we wind up seeing cap fights like Golovkin vs. Wade. Belts matter as much as who you heat to get them and who you defend them against. If it's taking you 5 years to unify a division, then something is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    That makes no sense. Unifications literally mean nothing when there are 5 or more champions in each division, all of varying quality. Then throw in pointless mandatories and we wind up seeing cap fights like Golovkin vs. Wade. Belts matter as much as who you heat to get them and who you defend them against. If it's taking you 5 years to unify a division, then something is wrong.
                    What do you mean? It's not like full unifications happen every day, when was the last one? If you fully unify there's not 5 champs, there s one. That's The Man, and if you wanna get anywhere at MW, you gotta face him

Comment

Working...
                    X