Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose career stalling/voluntary extended bum fighting run is the worst? Brook/Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kell Brook by far makes his career fighting bums. He has what it takes to beat Khan and vice versa. It's a toss up but Brook will never reach the heights of Khan in his career. Not ever.

Comment

Wilder and Ward are the bum fighting team time to game up

Comment

No question it's Brook. At least we know Wilder has to fight Povetkin next, who is Brook supposed to fight after Bizier? Is it a sure thing he's going to fight Khan? How about the winner of Thurman/ Porter? We don't even know that.

Comment

Fanny did the Salka thing , which accounts for 20 points

Comment

No Leo Santa Cruz. No Golovkin. **** list.

Edit: nvm...it is about sputtering careers rather than guys whose entire resume is bums. My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
              haymon wanna be fighters, cant-get-over-super-6-champ delusional ward and mikey forgot his last name
              Best post yet. Why isn't Mikey Garcia one of the poll options. The guy was making pound for pound lists, and then just vanished into thin air.

As far as the list goes, I give the nod to either Khan or Brook. Neither of them are taking advantage of a stacked division that has plenty of great fights to be made. As for Wilder, the guy came into boxing at 21 years old. He's clearly still a work in progress as witnessed by his wild swinging slip against Szpilka last weekend. And then you have Danny Garcia. I never saw Danny as an elite fighter. I saw him more like a guy that can take a punch and can beat you with timing. He's at a point where he's realizing that all of the fighters around him are much more talented. You almost gotta applaud Danny for pulling out some of the wins that he did.

Comment

Originally posted by bbboc.co.uk View Post
                Got to be Ward for me, simply because he should be out 2-3 times a year and beating the very best.

Brook would be second and really needs to step up the level of opposition PDQ.

Wilder reached the destination too sooner and so is still training despite being holding a belt, Khan wanted the best and lost a gamble, Stevenson probably worries that if Boone can stop him, putting his belt up against a live contender would cost him.

But Ward would have walked through all of the SMW's over the past 3-4 years and cemented a legacy, now he is in a LH division staked with real marketable opponents and just keeps inviting people he could have crushed at SMW to putt on a few pounds and move up a division for a beating and a payday.

Offer good money to Kovalev, or Stevenson, even the likes of Fonfara or Beterbiev would at least be live challenges.
                Really, I think the SMW division has more prospect to it than the LHW does.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  No Leo Santa Cruz. No Golovkin. **** list.

Edit: nvm...it is about sputtering careers rather than guys whose entire resume is bums. My mistake.
                  I didn't include LSC because I had forgotten he existed until you mentioned him to be honest. But he has a good recent win over Abner Mares, so i don't think you can put him up there with Garcia, Stevenson + Brook, who have been fighting absolute trash (and losing in the case of Garcia)

I didn't include GOlovkin because he's the most ducked fighter in boxing. He should have Sergio, Cotto, Quillin and Alvarez as KO wins on his resume by now, but he is seemingly too much risk for too little reward for these prima donnas (and is also a guaranteed lose). Say what you like about the Ward situation but he's the best guy in the division above, and now is 2 divisions above, so to even mention War dis a testament to Golovkin's greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Really, I think the SMW division has more prospect to it than the LHW does.
                    For sure. LHWT has guys who are at the top of their game, and maybe even on the downslide.

SMW has the better prospects I think.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                      Fanny did the Salka thing , which accounts for 20 points
                      He'll never live that down. The fact it came after the Herrera "homecoming" made it even worse, as the choice of opponent was a tacit admittal of the loss to Herrera.

Comment

Working...
                      X