Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The muscle I put on the more I sweat, anyone else?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The muscle I put on the more I sweat, anyone else?

I've been working out pretty much since I was 16-17, but the last year and some months I've been just lifting heavy and putting on mass. What I seem to notice is that the more in shape/bigger I get the more I sweat...I'm reaching a point were after a 3 on 3 ball game, up to say 11 I'm sweating a ****ing river. I soak through t-shirts as if I'm in a shower.

Is this normal? Anyone else have a similar experience?

I've always thought that the more in shape you get the harder it is for you to bust a sweat...

I'll go on the leg press and after 3 sets of 8 (mind you very heavy) I cant help sweating.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by Banderivets; 05-19-2010, 03:23 PM.

It's normal. Just make sure you are staying hydrated

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
      I've been working out pretty much since I was 16-17, but the last year and some months I've been just lifting heavy and putting on mass. What I seem to notice is that the more in shape/bigger I get the more I sweat...I'm reaching a point were after a 3 on 3 ball game, up to say 11 I'm sweating a ****ing river. I soak through t-shirts as if I'm in a shower.

I've always thought that the more in shape you get the harder it is for you to bust a sweat...

I'll go on the leg press and after 3 sets of 8 (mind you very heavy) I cant help sweating.

Anyone else?
      Here is my thinking. Sweat is your bodies system of cooling yourself off. Considering your extra mass, your body is working harder simply moving itself. Now, sweating less only works when you dont stress your body with new or intense actions (for example, new people shadow boxing lightly will sweat up a storm, while experienced people dont usually when warming up)

So, all in all, the more you sweat the better, even if it is gross. My thinking is look at farmers, hairy, sweaty, stinky guys. But, they do physical labor for 8 hours straight in the sun and do it every day.

Now, it would be different if you were more tired playing basketball, because there are many times I wasnt sweating that much but was tired as hell, and other times i was sweating balls but felt fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post

Now, it would be different if you were more tired playing basketball, because there are many times I wasnt sweating that much but was tired as hell, and other times i was sweating balls but felt fine.
        You see the sweating seems to have nothing in common with fatigue for me. I'll sweat buckets but I feel fine.

At one point I thought I sweat so much because I drink a lot of water.

Comment

Anyone else?
          sweating is not a representation of how fit a person is. our body sweats to cool our body temp down because doing any physical activity will increase our temperature causing the cooling process to begin.

now out of common sense since more muscle means that more of it is doing work meaning more blood pumping meaning your temp will go up faster meaning you'll sweat more can be a reason. sweating is perfectly normal and unless you are seriously freaked out about it go ask your doctor.

Comment

You see the sweating seems to have nothing in common with fatigue for me. I'll sweat buckets but I feel fine.

At one point I thought I sweat so much because I drink a lot of water.
            So that means your cooling system is in tip top shape, and you are actually very fit. Good stuff!

Comment

Could possibly be due to elevated blood pressure (as a result of weight gain?), hormonal changes for whatever reason, I don't know... If you're worried at all, then just have it checked up. I wouldn't work up a sweat about it (no pun intended) but there's no harm in doing a check up. So I'd recommend that.

Comment

I have the same issue with sweating as the TS. No matter what shape I am in, just playing a light game of basketball or just doing something low intensity, I sweat like crazy. Nothing wrong with that, I guess its only a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                X