No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Lara Landed 56% of Power on Angulo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Lara Landed 56% of Power on Angulo

Erislandy Lara hit the deck twice, but in between landed 56% of his power shots vs. face-first brawler Alfredo Angulo, who threw 172 more power shots than Lara. [Click Here To Read More]

Other then the knockdowns, Lara outclassed Angulo in every round. What a great fight for the fans.

Comment

Lara's straight left definitely carries some wallop. Probably still underestimated by many, whose numbers do not include Angulo and his eye surgeon.

Comment

You mean power thumb shots, right?

Comment

Lara had to throw a ton to keep Perro off of him, I don't think he's ever had to throw that much.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 06-10-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I might be alone in this one, but this fight was like fighting Cotto vs. Margarito III. The way the fight was developing reminded me of the first fight with some elements of the second fight thrown in. In other words, this was an excellent fight.

Comment

No head movement against an accurate puncher is a recipe for disaster. I hope Angulo can recover from this.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                You mean power thumb shots, right?
                Wrong.

1. They were using thumbless gloves. Although these gloves can still cause injury to the eye itself, broken orbitals (sure looks like that's what happened from the post-fight pics) can only be caused by the blunt force of a punch or a head butt. This was obviously the result of a punch. One of many that Angulo absorbed in the fight.

2. Defend yourself at all times. If punches are continually landing in your face...you're not defending yourself very well. Lara landed 56% of his power shots, most were straight lefts to the head.

a Alfredo Angulo...debe apprender poca defensa o mas vale jubilarse
                Last edited by ramblingalp; 06-10-2013, 02:25 PM.

Comment

When a fighter uses that "Rocky" defense, the opponent usually connects at a high rate.

Comment

This system is flawed. We need a CompuThumb...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X