Where is Alexander Frenkel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Alexander Frenkel?

23-0 18 K.Os
    He was coming off some good wins including one of the most brutal K.O's of Enzo Maccarinelli you will ever see, cracked the top 10 and was on the verge of a world title shot before claiming he was suffering from burnout and taking some time out. Its been nearly two years!

Anybody got any updates?

If you like brutal K.Os watch this, I still can't believe the referee let that continue after that first knockdown.

Lol got brutally knocked out twice in 20 seconds lol

He had two fights cancelled; first against Bronco and then Licina, which cost him his European title. After that he said he was burned out on Boxing and didn't want to talk about anything until after the end of 2011.

Maybe he just isn't interested in his boxing career anymore. A shame, because I was!

Comment

The last I heard, he was too busy going out partying instead of training.

Shame, that KO of Enzo is another knockout that I can see in my head whenever I want.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        He had two fights cancelled; first against Bronco and then Licina, which cost him his European title. After that he said he was burned out on Boxing and didn't want to talk about anything until after the end of 2011.

Maybe he just isn't interested in his boxing career anymore. A shame, because I was!

I was, good prospect. Hopefully he comes back & get involved in some big fights, plenty of talent in the cruiserweight division especially in Germany where he is based.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
          The last I heard, he was too busy going out partying instead of training.

Shame, that KO of Enzo is another knockout that I can see in my head whenever I want.

Hes still young so has plenty of time though he should be in title contention. Maybe hes lost his love for the sport Might sign up to Twitter or something & ask him what is going on. Really hope to see him back in the hunt, would love to see in there with Alekseev, Masternak, Arslan, Lebedev & the likes

Haha just about every K.O of Enzo is brutal and lodged in my memory! Couldn't remove them if I tried.

Comment

Some guys over at ESB claim he had a fallout with Huck as well as being clinically depressed. Just rumors, but who knows? Seems crazy to step away like that once you finally arrive.

Comment

Steve Holdsworth from Eurosport said that Frenkel prefers to go out clubbing partying all night getting girls and getting into fights. He didnt have the dedication for the sport.

Shame because he did score that amazing KO and had a good record. Maybe when he matures he might have a serious run but for now he doesnt seem to want it that bad., There was another boxer they said he went clubbing with and the pair of them had trouble getting serious about their jobs but cant remember who the other boxer was now.

Comment

Sounds like the type of guy whose a lot safer in the ring. What a shame, hopefully he quickly grows up a bit and realises his potential.

Comment

Too bad he's not fighting.

Frenkel is one of the hardest punchers at cruiserweight. He's was the most exciting Jewish boxer to come along in years.

Comment

Working...
                  X