No announcement yet.

Older than listed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Marvin Hagler yet. I heard those rumors for years.
    I've heard this and it was almost generaly accepted by a lot of UK fight fans during the 80's. I don't know why, or whether or not it's true, but the rumour itself has often been discussed in boxing circles.

I'm fairly certain however, that Dennis Andries is quite a bit older than listed.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      I've heard this and it was almost generaly accepted by a lot of UK fight fans during the 80's. I don't know why, or whether or not it's true, but the rumour itself has often been discussed in boxing circles.

I'm fairly certain however, that Dennis Andries is quite a bit older than listed.
      i agree Hagler was often thought to be older than what he was listed yet i had an old Ring Magazine with a small write-up about Marvin as a 17yr old so i think his age has always been correctly stated. Denis Andries was 6 or 7yrs older than what he was listed.

Comment

Sonny Liston

Liston was close to 40 when he lost to Ali. My guess is around 37 or 38. Years later when he fought Wepner, Wepner said the first thing he thought when he saw Liston for the first time was "wow, he looks really old". Liston still won easily in what would be his last fight. By the way, Liston fought that fight without pay, as he bet his whole purse on Mac Foster against Quarry (Quarry won via ko)

Comment

Working...
        X